    I would also like to have zipped or sender-friendly files (zipped?) in
    universal MP3 format.

    Thank you.
    Christopher Jones, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Christopher Jones

    Billh Guest

    Christopher Jones wrote:
    > I have MusicMatch files downloaded to my PC.
    >
    > However, when I send these to people to listen to, they always get the
    > license agreement blockage.
    >
    > In the past, with other MP3 download sites, the files were always
    > exchangeable with others I sent these to.
    >
    > But with MusicMatch (and its probably not unique to them), the files get
    > automatically protected.
    >
    > 1.) How can I unprotect my MusicMatch downloaded files to share with others?
    >
    > 2.) Or, is there a site where I can download tracks that will not encode the
    > tracks with the protection (so I can use them from now on)?
    >
    > I would also like to have zipped or sender-friendly files (zipped?) in
    > universal MP3 format.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Just heard about this program
    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Misc__Sound_Tools/MP3_Convert_Lord.html

    If there are only a few files burn them to the audio cd then rip them to
    mp3.
    Billh, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Christopher Jones, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Christopher Jones

    Mitch Guest

    In article <is2mf.45355$>, Christopher
    Jones <> wrote:

    > I have MusicMatch files downloaded to my PC.
    >
    > However, when I send these to people to listen to, they always get the
    > license agreement blockage.

    Of course -- YOU are the only one that can listen to them, and only as
    long as you are a customer.
    You're not paying $5 a month to get unlimited music to use anywhere and
    give to anyone; that is the fair restriction you have agreed to.

    > In the past, with other MP3 download sites, the files were always
    > exchangeable with others I sent these to.

    If they were MP3, I think you could do it. Didn't you say they are WMA?

    > But with MusicMatch (and its probably not unique to them), the files get
    > automatically protected.
    >
    > 1.) How can I unprotect my MusicMatch downloaded files to share with others?

    You can't (legally, anyway). Again, you aren't paying for unlimited
    use, sharing with anyone you wish, or even keeping them yourself. i
    suspect you can't even burn a CD with them.

    > 2.) Or, is there a site where I can download tracks that will not encode the
    > tracks with the protection (so I can use them from now on)?

    Sure; Apple's iTunes and some similar sites, where you pay for each
    song or album.

    > I would also like to have zipped or sender-friendly files (zipped?) in
    > universal MP3 format.

    That's something you can do on your end, but it won't help. The MP3
    files are already compressed (that's what the MP3 part refers to.)
    You could recompress them at a lower fidelity, effectively making them
    considerably smaller.
    Mitch, Dec 9, 2005