    can see. Is there a way to root out all its parts, or should I just
    trash the whole folder?
    TIA.
    LewG, Mar 29, 2008

  2. "LewG" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This program is very unstable in my system (XP SP1) so I want to
    > uninstall it. There is no link for this in the software package that I
    > can see. Is there a way to root out all its parts, or should I just
    > trash the whole folder?
    > TIA.

    1. Apply XP SP2 - no reason not to that I'm aware of.

    2. Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs - find Safari and uninstall from
    there.

    I don't have Safari so I can't say I've actually done this, but there is
    no reason I can see it shouldn't work.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com
    Steve Freides, Mar 29, 2008

  3. LewG

    LewG Guest

    Steve--

    That worked well. Thanks. Why I don't install SP2? There were
    problems reported for SP2 when it first became available, so I decided
    to wait. Now I have so many programs and data files that backing up
    would be very cumbersome and take lots of time. I get along pretty
    well as is, so I'll wait for a new computer to get SP2 or Vista.

    Lew

    LewG, Mar 29, 2008
  4. LewG

    ded Guest

    "LewG" <> wrote in message
    > This program is very unstable in my system (XP SP1) so I want to
    > uninstall it. There is no link for this in the software package that I
    > can see. Is there a way to root out all its parts, or should I just
    > trash the whole folder?
    > TIA.

    From what I can discern, Safari for Windows is still only beta version,
    and you are a googler and you have XP without SP2?
    Upgrade XP to SP2 and give that priority.
    Never install beta software, you really need to know what you
    are doing and to be prepared for the worse with beta versions
    of any application.

    As for uninstalling the Windows version of Apples Safari browser,
    a quick scour of google seems to indicate it is well within Apples
    usual remit (as with iTunes etc) of taking over and be extremely
    tricky to be rid of, and further googling reveals it is a variant of
    the excellent Firefox but without FF's style and was made "too
    different".
    You can type into a search engine: "uninstall Safari for Windows"
    and read through all the results of how others have found it a
    nightmare, but you may find a solution in there somewhere......
    ded, Mar 29, 2008
  5. "LewG" <> wrote in message
    > Steve--
    >
    > That worked well. Thanks. Why I don't install SP2? There were
    > problems reported for SP2 when it first became available, so I decided
    > to wait. Now I have so many programs and data files that backing up
    > would be very cumbersome and take lots of time. I get along pretty
    > well as is, so I'll wait for a new computer to get SP2 or Vista.
    >
    > Lew

    If you apply SP2 and the updates that follow it, you will be _much_
    better off than if you don't. No need to backup your machine, IMHO. I
    have applied SP2 to dozens of machines with zero problems.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Mar 29, 2008
  6. LewG

    JANA Guest

    You should install SP2. There are many improvements and very important
    issues for protection.

    Make an image copy of your hard disk if you feel insecure about installing
    SP2. We use Norton Ghost, and image our computers to external hard drives.
    If something goes wrong, I can have a system back up and running in about 15
    minutes while I am having a coffee break.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Mar 30, 2008