    I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
    would make them laugh.
    Sadly, no pun in ten did.

    Dennis Turner, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Dennis Turner

    Matt Guest

    Dennis Turner <> wrote message
    news::

    > Not a serious question, but I had a fellow call in sick today
    > because he had glued h is lips together with "super glue"
    > while attempting to repair a broken tooth. Ranks right up
    > there with the young lady a couple years ago who couldn't c
    > ome to work because she fell out of her vehicle and ran over
    > herself.

    And they use WebTV? <g>

    Matt, Mar 20, 2005

  3. Dennis Turner

    Guest

    On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:23:52 -0600, Dennis Turner <>
    wrote:

    |> Not a serious question, but I had a fellow call in sick today because he
    |> had glued h is lips together with "super glue" while attempting to
    |> repair a broken tooth. Ranks right up there with the young lady a couple
    |> years ago who couldn't c ome to work because she fell out of her vehicle
    |> and ran over herself.

    I used to build 2 meter gliders, and I used super glue for this.

    The answer to your question is fingernail polish remover (Acetone), I
    never had to use it, but I always kept some handy just incase.

    --
    http://www.newscientist.com/channel/space/mg18524911.600

    , Mar 20, 2005
  4. Dennis Turner

    Jerry G. Guest

    If his lips were glued together, I wonder how he managed to call in sick?
    Or, did he use email...

    That's one sure fire way to go on a diet for few days!

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Mar 20, 2005
  5. Dennis Turner

    elaich Guest

    wrote in

    > The answer to your question is fingernail polish remover (Acetone), I
    > never had to use it, but I always kept some handy just incase.

    Using Acetone on ones lips??? What's worse - the disease or the cure? LOL!!

    elaich, Mar 20, 2005
  6. Dennis Turner

    Guest

    On 20 Mar 2005 07:16:39 GMT, elaich <> wrote:

    |> wrote in
    |>
    |> > The answer to your question is fingernail polish remover (Acetone), I
    |> > never had to use it, but I always kept some handy just incase.
    |>
    |> Using Acetone on ones lips??? What's worse - the disease or the cure? LOL!!

    (on myself)

    I use'd a pin inserted into my super glue bottle to keep it closed, one
    time it was stuck, so I used my front teeth to pull it out.

    Of course I was applying pressure to the bottle, when the pin came
    loose, glue squirted into my mouth, on my teeth, my tongue, I almost
    pass'd out.

    The moisture of my mouth kept anything from sticking, but god were they
    ever coated...

    From then on the bottle of fingernail polish remover was never far away.

    FWIW: fingernail polish remover is easier to get than Acetone, yet the
    same thing.

    --
    http://www.newscientist.com/channel/space/mg18524911.600

    , Mar 20, 2005
  7. Dennis Turner

    wrote:

    |> Ranks right up there with the young lady a couple
    |> years ago who couldn't c ome to work because she fell out of her vehicle
    |> and ran over herself.

    National Lampoon use to come out with (maybe still) a Mag called "True
    Facts" and relied on news articles being sent to them.

    One year they ask'd readers to please stop sending them:

    People biting pieces off other people when in a fight.

    Dead End signs that lead to cemeteries,

    And cars that people jump out of that then begin driving in circles.

    Cause it happen's all the time.

    --
    http://www.newscientist.com/channel/space/mg18524911.600

    , Mar 20, 2005
  8. Dennis Turner

    Powaqqatsi Guest

    , wrote in message
    :
    > On 20 Mar 2005 07:16:39 GMT, elaich <> wrote:
    >
    >>> wrote in

    >>> Using Acetone on ones lips??? What's worse - the disease or the
    >>> cure? LOL!!

    > (on myself)
    >
    > I use'd a pin inserted into my super glue bottle to keep it closed,
    > one time it was stuck, so I used my front teeth to pull it out.
    >
    > Of course I was applying pressure to the bottle, when the pin came
    > loose, glue squirted into my mouth, on my teeth, my tongue, I almost
    > pass'd out.
    >
    > The moisture of my mouth kept anything from sticking, but god were
    > they ever coated...

    Pity the stuff isn't highly toxic and with immediate effect.

    Powaqqatsi, Mar 20, 2005
  9. Dennis Turner

    Guest

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 02:14:59 -0600, Powaqqatsi
    <> wrote:

    |> > I use'd a pin inserted into my super glue bottle to keep it closed,
    |> > one time it was stuck, so I used my front teeth to pull it out.
    |> >
    |> > Of course I was applying pressure to the bottle, when the pin came
    |> > loose, glue squirted into my mouth, on my teeth, my tongue, I almost
    |> > pass'd out.
    |> >
    |> > The moisture of my mouth kept anything from sticking, but god were
    |> > they ever coated...
    |>
    |> Pity the stuff isn't highly toxic and with immediate effect.

    No, I'm afraid just brain damage
    http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/ET/ethyl_cyanoacrylate.html

    Sigh, an insight of a portion of ones life befuddle's the obvious.

    --
    http://www.newscientist.com/channel/space/mg18524911.600

    , Mar 20, 2005
  10. Dennis Turner

    Powaqqatsi Guest

    :

    So avoid mirrors, you stupid ****.

    Powaqqatsi, Mar 20, 2005
  11. Dennis Turner

    Top Guest

    Dennis Turner <> wrote in

    > Not a serious question, but I had a fellow call in sick
    > today because he had glued h is lips together with "super
    > glue" while attempting to repair a broken tooth. Ranks right
    > up there with the young lady a couple years ago who couldn't
    > c ome to work because she fell out of her vehicle and ran
    > over herself.

    Super glue can be used to close cuts. Just have be a bit more
    careful than your fellow was.

    Top

    --
    If it walks like a duck .... you know the rest.

    Top, Mar 20, 2005
  12. Dennis Turner

    Drude Guest

    In article <45d36a87fc674ba0b897a708a61ed401
    @alt.binaries.erotica.multimedia.liquid.laughter>,
    says...
    > , wrote in message
    > :
    >
    > > Sigh, an insight of a portion of ones life befuddle's the obvious.

    > So avoid mirrors, you stupid ****.

    Trying to be K-Man junior, Powaqqatsi?

    Give it up...one is definitely enough, and saying '****' doesn't mean
    you're doing it correctly.