    Thanks for any help!

    Sincerely,
    Les

    Les Stewart, Jul 14, 2006

  2. Les Stewart

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Les Stewart wrote:
    > Using XP disk cleanup tool and accidentally checked "Compress old
    > files"
    > Now many (hundreds at least) of old files are compressed including
    > pictures, documents, etc (They show up in a blue font). While I can
    > uncompress them one at a time in attributes..... is there any way to
    > undo what I have done?
    > Would using system restore do it?
    >
    > Thanks for any help!
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Les

    No, system restore won't do it.

    Why would you possibly care if a file is compressed or not?

    Here's my opinion: compressed files take up less room on the hard drive, and
    can even load into memory FASTER than uncompressed files (if the processor
    speed is good.) For instance, I wouldn't compress files on my slow 1.4 GHz
    laptop, but I do on my 3.0 GHz desktop.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 15, 2006