    force it off or on..

    anyone knows?

    thanks,
    rutman, Mar 14, 2005

  2. "rutman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi
    >
    > i just bought this camera off futureshop. I have read the manuals etc
    > but cannot figure out how to turn off the auto flash!. the manual
    > mentions that non creative mode, the flash will not flash..

    It sounds as though you've misread the manual (which isn't hard to do). It's
    the non-creative modes in which the flash automatically pops up. In M, Av,
    Tv, and P the flash won't fire unless you ask it to by popping it up
    manually.

    The general advice is to learn how to use M, Av, Tv, and P modes and to not
    use the other modes.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Mar 14, 2005

  3. rutman

    rutman Guest

    can i turn off the flash though?

    the flash symbol appears on the lcd display.. I think I have seen it
    with the disable symbol before ( a buddy rebels )

    rutman, Mar 14, 2005
  4. rutman

    Mark B. Guest

    "rutman" <> wrote in message
    > can i turn off the flash though?
    >
    > the flash symbol appears on the lcd display.. I think I have seen it
    > with the disable symbol before ( a buddy rebels )

    Not in the automatic 'icon' modes (full auto, portrait, landscape, etc.).
    You have absolutely zero control. In the manual modes (M, Av, Tv, P), it
    won't fire unless you force it.

    Mark
    Mark B., Mar 14, 2005
  5. rutman

    Bruce Uttley Guest

    In article <>,
    Mark B. <> wrote:

    >"rutman" <> wrote in message
    >> can i turn off the flash though?
    >>
    >> the flash symbol appears on the lcd display.. I think I have seen it
    >> with the disable symbol before ( a buddy rebels )
    >>

    >Not in the automatic 'icon' modes (full auto, portrait, landscape, etc.).
    >You have absolutely zero control. In the manual modes (M, Av, Tv, P), it
    >won't fire unless you force it.
    >
    >Mark

    There are seven Full Auto modes on the 300D: full auto, portrait,
    landscape, close-up, sports, night portrait and FLASH OFF. Turn
    the Mode Dial of the camera clockwise as far as it will go to
    disable the flash. In Full Auto, the flash is also disabled in
    landscape mode and sports mode.

    As mentioned, the Creative Zone of the camera lets you choose.
    Bruce Uttley, Mar 14, 2005
  6. rutman

    JohnR66 Guest

    "rutman" <> wrote in message
    > hi
    >
    > i just bought this camera off futureshop. I have read the manuals etc
    > but cannot figure out how to turn off the auto flash!. the manual
    > mentions that non creative mode, the flash will not flash.. however I
    > thought it might be possible to simply press on the flash button to
    > force it off or on..
    >
    > anyone knows?
    >
    > thanks,

    Thry setting it to P mode with the flash down. It won't pop up. Learn about
    Tv, Av and the other creative modes. I almost always use Av.
    John
    JohnR66, Mar 15, 2005