How to troubleshoot packet traffic on Cisco router ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dominik, Feb 28, 2008.

  1. Dominik

    Dominik Guest

    Hi !

    I can't find how to view current ip traffic on cisco router (1760).
    There is very good command on linux systems - iptraf or ehterall (ethercap).
    But I don't see anything like that on cisco.

    I want to know a few things - for example
    - is there any traffic from 192.168.0.7 (Vlan1) where setination port is 53
    (both tcp and udp)
    - is there any traffic from 192.168.0.55 (and I want filter only this
    traffic)
    - is there any traffic to destination port 53 ( on all interfaces, and only
    Vlan 1)
    I want see those packets.

    From WAN I have FastEthernet interface, from internal I have 4-port switch
    which is configured like 4 differents ports (there are 4 Vlans with 4
    different ip subnets).
    Vlan 1 - is LAN
    Vlan 4 - is DMZ.

    Thanks in advanced.
    Domnik
    Dominik, Feb 28, 2008

  2. Dominik

    JohnD Guest

    debug ip along with various filters, I think. But be careful.

    JohnD, Feb 28, 2008

  3. Dominik

    stephen Guest

    "Dominik" <> wrote in message
    > Hi !
    >
    > I can't find how to view current ip traffic on cisco router (1760).
    > There is very good command on linux systems - iptraf or ehterall

    (ethercap).
    > But I don't see anything like that on cisco.
    >
    > I want to know a few things - for example
    > - is there any traffic from 192.168.0.7 (Vlan1) where setination port is

    53
    > (both tcp and udp)
    > - is there any traffic from 192.168.0.55 (and I want filter only this
    > traffic)
    > - is there any traffic to destination port 53 ( on all interfaces, and

    only
    > Vlan 1)
    > I want see those packets.

    netflow or IP accounting is a good way to see stats about packets, but wont
    show you the actual data.

    both only show routed traffic unless you have something like a Cat6500.

    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl
    stephen, Feb 28, 2008
  4. Dominik

    Guest

    Thanks guys !

    Well - it's not perfect but maybe help a little bit.
    Dominik
    , Feb 29, 2008