    want it to e.g. in case I am not present?
    Thank you for your advise!
    Alex
    Alexander, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Alexander

    Thor Guest

    depends on how you use Outlook. If you log into an exchange server for your
    email, you use the "out of office assistant". Look it up in your help files.
    If you use regular POP3/SMTP internet mail, you need to create a reply
    template (in plain text), and then create a message rule for all incoming
    mail, to reply with that template. It will then place the template email in
    your outbox, and it will remain there. Do not remove it.

    Thor, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Alexander

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > depends on how you use Outlook. If you log into an exchange server for
    > your email, you use the "out of office assistant". Look it up in your help
    > files. If you use regular POP3/SMTP internet mail, you need to create a
    > reply template (in plain text), and then create a message rule for all
    > incoming mail, to reply with that template. It will then place the
    > template email in your outbox, and it will remain there. Do not remove it.

    Nothings simple is it
    Matt Pascoe, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Alexander

    Chet Guest

    You might also check whether you can set up auto reply on your ISP's server.
    That way it would work even when your PC was off or not logged in.

    Chet, Nov 1, 2004
  5. Alexander

    Thor Guest

    "Matt Pascoe" <> wrote in message

    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    >> depends on how you use Outlook. If you log into an exchange server for
    >> your email, you use the "out of office assistant". Look it up in your
    >> help files. If you use regular POP3/SMTP internet mail, you need to
    >> create a reply template (in plain text), and then create a message rule
    >> for all incoming mail, to reply with that template. It will then place
    >> the template email in your outbox, and it will remain there. Do not
    >> remove it.

    > Nothings simple is it

    nope. I had to set this up for several customers recently. It works well
    enough though.
    Thor, Nov 1, 2004