    charger and USB cable there was nothing else delivered (no software)
    how can i transfer my pictures from my sharp VE-CG 40 to my PC?
    thanks

    no spam: remove _ after bc548, Oct 28, 2004

  2. no spam: remove _ after bc548

    Ralph Mowery Guest

    > hi,i recently bought a second hand sharp VE-CG 40 but apart from the
    > charger and USB cable there was nothing else delivered (no software)
    > how can i transfer my pictures from my sharp VE-CG 40 to my PC?
    > thanks

    Many cams will be seen as another drive by the computer. Look at the drives
    with the cam plugged in and turned on and see if you see a drive listed that
    you do not now have in the computer. If you do, you can treat it just like
    a hard drive and move or copy the files to the hard drive.

    Ralph Mowery, Oct 28, 2004

  3. no spam: remove _ after bc548

    Bob Williams Guest

    no spam: remove _ after bc548 wrote:
    > hi,i recently bought a second hand sharp VE-CG 40 but apart from the
    > charger and USB cable there was nothing else delivered (no software)
    > how can i transfer my pictures from my sharp VE-CG 40 to my PC?
    > thanks

    Buy a Card Reader for SD cards. It should cost less than $20.
    Connect reader...Insert SD Card....The reader will show up as a New
    Drive....Double Click the drive....Voila , Your pics magically appear.
    No muss, no fuss.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Oct 28, 2004
  4. no spam: remove _ after bc548

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:38:34 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Bob Williams
    <> wrote:

    >Buy a Card Reader for SD cards. It should cost less than $20.
    >Connect reader...Insert SD Card....The reader will show up as a New
    >Drive....Double Click the drive....Voila , Your pics magically appear.
    >No muss, no fuss.

    Only if he has a recent OS. Don't assume anything, imo.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 29, 2004
  5. Thank you all for quick replies.
    Shall try first solution first. My OS is Win 98 SE: anything special
    to do in case the cam is not recognised under Win Explorer?

    no spam: remove _ after bc548, Oct 29, 2004
  6. no spam: remove _ after bc548

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 29 Oct 2004 04:10:49 -0700, in rec.photo.digital (no
    spam: remove _ after bc548) wrote:

    >Thank you all for quick replies.
    >Shall try first solution first. My OS is Win 98 SE: anything special
    >to do in case the cam is not recognised under Win Explorer?

    In Win98 you are most likely going to need a specific driver for the camera
    to communicate to it.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 30, 2004