How to transfer large files

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blinky the Shark, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. Leonard Rowe wrote:

    > I have some large video files , over 4 mb that I would like to be able to
    > transfer to friends etc , however my Isp doesn't support this when done as
    > an email attachment , how would I be able to do this

    Web space; cheap or free, your choice.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Blinky the Shark

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:45:12 GMT, Leonard Rowe wrote:

    >I have some large video files , over 4 mb that I would like to be able to
    >transfer to friends etc , however my Isp doesn't support this when done as
    >an email attachment , how would I be able to do this

    Burn to CD.
    Post on a webpage.

    If that fails search previous posts in 24HSHD
    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=24hoursupport.helpdesk
    including the one where the same question was asked less then 24hours
    ago.

    From: "Jennifer Taggart"
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Prepping Large Files for posting
    Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:33:24 GMT

    Me

    why?, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Blinky the Shark

    mewthree Guest

    "Leonard Rowe" <> wrote in message
    > I have some large video files , over 4 mb that I would like to be able to
    > transfer to friends etc , however my Isp doesn't support this when done as
    > an email attachment , how would I be able to do this

    my brother swears by vnc

    ---

    mewthree, Jul 9, 2004
  4. Blinky the Shark

    Livewire Guest

    In article <IOtHc.362$%>,
    says...
    > I have some large video files , over 4 mb that I would like to be able to
    > transfer to friends etc , however my Isp doesn't support this when done as
    > an email attachment , how would I be able to do this

    Try

    http://s2.yousendit.com/

    It's a free service that that guides you through uploading a file to its
    site, then sends the link to people you want to email it to.

    Livewire, Jul 9, 2004
  5. Blinky the Shark

    Leonard Rowe Guest

    Leonard Rowe, Jul 9, 2004
  6. Blinky the Shark

    Boomer Guest

    So do most fucking people, you dumb ****.

    Boomer, Jul 9, 2004
  7. Blinky the Shark

    mewthree Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > mewthree wrote:
    >
    > > my brother swears

    > So do most fucking people, you dumb ****.

    where did that come from. just trying to be helpful. there is no need to be
    rude.

    ---

    mewthree, Jul 9, 2004
  8. Blinky the Shark

    Chris O Guest

    > I have some large video files , over 4 mb that I would like to be able to
    > transfer to friends etc , however my Isp doesn't support this when done as
    > an email attachment , how would I be able to do this

    I use a free utility "JR Split File"
    Breaks the file into smaller chunks and creates a batch file to remerge
    them.
    Of course you then have to send multiple mails with a chunk in each which is
    a bit primitive but it works.
    http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/?referrer=JSplitFreeUser

    HTH

    Chris O

    Chris O, Jul 9, 2004
  9. Blinky the Shark

    Me Guest

    www.YouSendIt.com

    Me, Jul 9, 2004
  10. Blinky the Shark

    Boomer Guest

    "mewthree" <> wrote:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > t...
    >> mewthree wrote:
    >>
    >> > my brother swears

    >> So do most fucking people, you dumb ****.
    >>

    > where did that come from. just trying to be helpful. there is
    > no need to be
    > rude.

    You're talking to a troll.

    Boomer, Jul 9, 2004
  11. Blinky the Shark

    mewthree Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "mewthree" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > > t...

    > >> So do most fucking people, you dumb ****.
    > >>

    > > where did that come from. just trying to be helpful. there is
    > > no need to be
    > > rude.

    > You're talking to a troll.

    right thanks for leting me know.

    ---

    mewthree, Jul 9, 2004
  12. Blinky the Shark

    Ionizer Guest

    > I have some large video files , over 4 mb that I would like to be able

    > transfer to friends etc , however my Isp doesn't support this when done

    as
    > an email attachment , how would I be able to do this

    An alternative to the previously-mentioned yousendit:
    http://www.dropload.com/

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jul 9, 2004
  13. Blinky the Shark

    Boomer Guest

    "mewthree" <> wrote:

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "mewthree" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> > .ne t...

    >> > where did that come from. just trying to be helpful. there
    >> > is no need to be
    >> > rude.

    >> You're talking to a troll.

    > right thanks for leting me know.