    I know there is a way of identifying the real email address of the
    sender.

    thanks for the help
    DESYNC DOMiNATiON, Jan 4, 2004

  2. DESYNC DOMiNATiON

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 07:32:31 GMT, DESYNC DOMiNATiON <>
    wrote:

    >Hi, I would like to know if somebody can tellme how to track the real
    >email address of a person, you know when you get spam, they always
    >hide their real email address, under fake addresses, I hate that, and
    >I know there is a way of identifying the real email address of the
    >sender.
    >
    >thanks for the help

    Here are a few general references on spam.

    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/spam.htm/printable

    Most users need to munge (spam proof) their email address:
    http://webreference.com/outlook/column30/page2.html
    http://www.forumscentral.com/email/spam.htm
    "Why Am I Getting All This Spam? Unsolicited Commercial E-mail Research
    Six Month Report"
    http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.shtml

    Email Utilities:
    http://www.mailwasher.net
    http://www.twinlobber.org.uk/spampal/
    http://www.mailgate.com/products/spamweas/sw_feat.asp
    http://quantum_nz.tripod.com/antispam.htm

    Magic Mail Monitor: http://www.geeba.org/magic/

    Web-based Tracing tools:
    http://samspade.org/
    http://combat.uxn.com/
    http://spamcop.net/
    http://www.geektools.com/

    Interpreting headers:
    http://www.claws-and-paws.com/spam-l/tracking.html
    http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers/headers.html

    spam FAQs:
    http://www.spamfaq.net/
    http://isc.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/spam-faq/
    http://ddi.digital.net/~gandalf/spamfaq.html
    http://www.cauce.org/about/faq.shtml
    http://www.spamhaus.org/
    http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/emailfaq.html
    http://www.aota.net/Email_Spam_Prevention_and_Mgmt/emailsource.php4
    http://dale_forsyth.tripod.com/spam.htm

    More tips and tricks to block spam...
    http://www.stentorian.com/antispam/

    For the latest news:
    http://spam.abuse.net/
    Unk, Jan 4, 2004

  3. DESYNC DOMiNATiON

    Boomer Guest

    DESYNC DOMiNATiON, <> wrote:

    > Hi, I would like to know if somebody can tellme how to track the
    > real email address of a person, you know when you get spam, they
    > always hide their real email address, under fake addresses, I
    > hate that, and I know there is a way of identifying the real
    > email address of the sender.
    >
    > thanks for the help

    Maybe not the real address but possibly the ISP they are posting
    from.

    Have you looked at the headers?

    If so, check here http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/
    Boomer, Jan 4, 2004
  4. DESYNC DOMiNATiON

    Pete Guest

    DESYNC DOMiNATiON wrote:

    > Hi, I would like to know if somebody can tellme how to track the real
    > email address of a person, you know when you get spam, they always
    > hide their real email address, under fake addresses, I hate that, and
    > I know there is a way of identifying the real email address of the
    > sender.

    There isn't such a way. You don't need an email address to send email. Most
    of the time you can't even get the spammer's IP address because they send
    their spam through someone else's machine.
    So rather than getting worked up over any particular piece of spam, I'd
    spend the time getting to grips with a decent spam filter. I hear POPFile
    is supposed to be good:

    http://popfile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl
    http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/popfile/popfile-0.20.1a-windows.zip
    Pete, Jan 4, 2004