    From: G. Nossar <>
    Newsgroups: rec.support.divorce
    Subject: xxxxxxxx
    Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:11:50 -0600

    Ere Walker, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Ere Walker

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Ere Walker <> wrote in news::

    > How can you find the IP of the person who is posting? I don't care
    > about the identity I just want to prove that all the same messages are
    > coming from the same person.

    You can't, as supernews removes any personal information (such as IP
    addresses) from the message. However, Supernews does have a policy
    reguarding nymshift (repeatedly changing your name for bad purposes).
    I'd suggest you email their support department () and
    explain the issue (include message headers of offending posts), or since
    you are also a Supernews customer you could head over to
    news:supernews.general and post a question for one of the SN guys who
    check that group out (Brandon, Mark, Andrews, Jeremy, Danhiel, any of
    them can help).

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Ere Walker

    Ere Walker Guest

    >You can't, as supernews removes any personal information (such as IP
    >addresses) from the message. However, Supernews does have a policy
    >reguarding nymshift (repeatedly changing your name for bad purposes).
    >I'd suggest you email their support department () and
    >explain the issue (include message headers of offending posts), or since
    >you are also a Supernews customer you could head over to
    >news:supernews.general and post a question for one of the SN guys who
    >check that group out (Brandon, Mark, Andrews, Jeremy, Danhiel, any of
    >them can help).

    Thanks for your help, I will give that a try.

    Ere Walker, Feb 7, 2004