    I can't ping from the internal inside?

    Thanks
    entitty
    The Entitty, Jul 22, 2004

  2. The Entitty

    Cisco Newbie Guest

    ping from one workstation to the other workstation.

    Cisco Newbie, Jul 22, 2004

  3. The Entitty

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:59:01 -0500, The Entitty wrote:

    > Group:
    >
    > I have two firewalls setup on the net. I think I have the rules setup as
    > well. I don't have any stations inside yet. Is there a way I can use the
    > firewalls from a command line to know if the VPN is up.. I can't ping
    > from the internal inside?
    >

    > Thanks
    > entitty

    Assuming Pix firewalls running 6.3.3, you can use the management-access
    command. After configured, you can do "ping inside x.x.x.x". This will
    source a ping from the inside interface of the pix you executed it on, an
    extended ping of sorts.

    Disclaimer:
    I am not sure of it is designed to work this way, but I found that it
    did work on 6.3.3 (in vpnclient mode, but I dont think that matters) for
    me the other day.

    Rik Bain
    Rik Bain, Jul 23, 2004