    So, how to test this stuff in a lab without real DEC equipment?

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Ivan Ostreš

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm working with DECnet for the first time (ugly one) and have some
    > questions about simulating it in a lab. The thing I'm working on is
    > making a LAT translations for traffic going over IP WAN.
    >
    > So, how to test this stuff in a lab without real DEC equipment?

    I've found some really good documentation on CCO. Sorry for posting this
    before making an in-depth view of cisco site.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Ivan Ostreš

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Ivan Ostre wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I'm working with DECnet for the first time (ugly one) and have some
    > questions about simulating it in a lab. The thing I'm working on is
    > making a LAT translations for traffic going over IP WAN.
    >
    > So, how to test this stuff in a lab without real DEC equipment?

    It's been a while, but as I recall, you don't have to have DEC
    equipment if you all you want to test is LAT translation. In fact,
    this was one of the tricks I used when I had to make IP based changes
    on a remote router. Enable LAT and lat across the WAN link. Let me
    see if I can dig something up.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Ivan Ostreš

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <VdsSd.9249$>,
    says...
    > Ivan Ostre wrote:
    >
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > I'm working with DECnet for the first time (ugly one) and have some
    > > questions about simulating it in a lab. The thing I'm working on is
    > > making a LAT translations for traffic going over IP WAN.
    > >
    > > So, how to test this stuff in a lab without real DEC equipment?

    > It's been a while, but as I recall, you don't have to have DEC
    > equipment if you all you want to test is LAT translation. In fact,
    > this was one of the tricks I used when I had to make IP based changes
    > on a remote router. Enable LAT and lat across the WAN link. Let me
    > see if I can dig something up.

    That would be great if you could find something like that. If you don't
    wan't to post it here, please eMail it to me.

    Thanks,

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Feb 21, 2005
  5. For the record, LAT != DECNET

    They are different protocols.

    What are you trying to do, exactly?
    Phillip Remaker, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Ivan Ostreš

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <cxmTd.6771$>,
    says...

    > For the record, LAT != DECNET
    >
    > They are different protocols.
    >
    > What are you trying to do, exactly?

    LAT. The first (DECNet) was bad info from the customer.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostreš, Feb 24, 2005
  7. On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:05:59 +0100, Ivan Ostreš <> wrote:

    ~ In article <cxmTd.6771$>,
    ~ says...
    ~ >
    ~ > For the record, LAT != DECNET
    ~ >
    ~ > They are different protocols.
    ~ >
    ~ > What are you trying to do, exactly?
    ~ >
    ~
    ~ LAT. The first (DECNet) was bad info from the customer.

    OK, so you're trying to set up LAT protocol translated into TCP
    in the WAN.

    So you want something like this:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios102/accscg/57393.htm#xtocid294138

    (Boy, how simple and clear our old docs were, eh?)

    For more on LAT, see: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ssr83/tsc_r/54006.htm .

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Mar 1, 2005
  8. Ivan Ostreš

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Aaron Leonard wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:05:59 +0100, Ivan Ostreš
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > ~ In article <cxmTd.6771$>,
    > ~ says...
    > ~ >
    > ~ > For the record, LAT != DECNET
    > ~ >
    > ~ > They are different protocols.
    > ~ >
    > ~ > What are you trying to do, exactly?
    > ~ >
    > ~
    > ~ LAT. The first (DECNet) was bad info from the customer.
    >
    > OK, so you're trying to set up LAT protocol translated into TCP
    > in the WAN.
    >
    > So you want something like this:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios102/accscg
    > /57393.htm#xtocid294138
    >
    > (Boy, how simple and clear our old docs were, eh?)
    >
    > For more on LAT, see:
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ssr83/tsc_r/5
    > 4006.htm .
    >
    > Aaron

    Thanks Aaron. I've been meaning to dig up the docs we had but couldn't
    find it as the old "design package server" we had was decomm'ed!

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Mar 2, 2005
  9. Ivan Ostreš

    Ivan Ostreš Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:05:59 +0100, Ivan Ostreš <> wrote:
    >
    > ~ In article <cxmTd.6771$>,
    > ~ says...
    > ~ >
    > ~ > For the record, LAT != DECNET
    > ~ >
    > ~ > They are different protocols.
    > ~ >
    > ~ > What are you trying to do, exactly?
    > ~ >
    > ~
    > ~ LAT. The first (DECNet) was bad info from the customer.
    >
    > OK, so you're trying to set up LAT protocol translated into TCP
    > in the WAN.
    >
    > So you want something like this:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios102/accscg/57393.htm#xtocid294138
    >
    > (Boy, how simple and clear our old docs were, eh?)
    >
    > For more on LAT, see: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ssr83/tsc_r/54006.htm .
    >
    > Aaron

    Thanks a lot Aaron.

    --