    lens surface looks OK to me without any visible scratch. I also took some
    quick test shots and they look decent, except the color is a little off under
    florescent light in auto mode. TIA!
    Curly, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Not much of a seller, and that is too bad. Just avoid using too much liquids
    in the process. read about one chap today that flooded the LCD on his and
    that would not be too good.

    "Curly" <> wrote in message
    > I just received an Oly C-2500L I bought from eBay at a very good price.

    The
    > camera looks like one of those demo models at Best Buy that is soiled with
    > fingerprints and dust. The seller just dumped it in a box packed with

    shipping
    > peanuts. What's the best way to give it a good clean up, especially the

    lens,
    > viewfinder and LCD?
    >
    > Also, how should I inspect for lens damage? It came without the lens cap.

    The

    Jack-of-the-Dust, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Curly

    Curly Guest

    >Not much of a seller, and that is too bad. Just avoid using too much liquids
    >in the process. read about one chap today that flooded the LCD on his and
    >that would not be too good.

    What would you recommend to clean the lens and view finder with? They have
    some fingerprints on them?

    If I add a protective UV filter to the lens, will it degrade the pic quality
    slightly? TIA!
    Curly, Apr 13, 2004