    Is there such a thing as a stand alone CPU tester?
    Thanks.
    ron
    Ronald Murray, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Ronald Murray

    Neil Green Guest

    "Ronald Murray" <> wrote in
    message news:7ibuh.184040$hn.33206@edtnps82...
    > Hello
    > I have a few CPU's I received in a lot of stuff I
    > purchased. Is there any way to test these units
    > without actually tearing down a computer to try
    > them?
    > Is there such a thing as a stand alone CPU tester?
    > Thanks.
    > ron

    Given the wide variety of CPU sockets I can't imagine
    such a machine exists, at least not for the domestic
    market.
    Sell those you don't want on Ebay with a DOA warranty.
    Neil Green, Jan 26, 2007

  3. Ronald Murray

    Guest

    On Jan 26, 4:49 am, "Neil Green" <>
    wrote:
    > "Ronald Murray" <> wrote in
    > messagenews:7ibuh.184040$hn.33206@edtnps82...
    >
    > > Hello
    > > I have a few CPU's I received in a lot of stuff I
    > > purchased. Is there any way to test these units
    > > without actually tearing down a computer to try
    > > them?
    > > Is there such a thing as a stand alone CPU tester?
    > > Thanks.
    > > ron

    > Given the wide variety of CPU sockets I can't imagine
    > such a machine exists, at least not for the domestic
    > market.
    > Sell those you don't want on Ebay with a DOA warranty.

    on a related note, I once got a CPU from ebay. I tried it 6 months
    after buying it (I am always reluctant to set things up). The comp
    booted but wouldn't install windows (BSOD). Another processor was
    fine.
    The moral of the story is, if you want to test a CPU it's not enough
    that the comp just boots up. And, installing windows is a test.
    it was win xp.
    , Feb 5, 2007