    beingto easily turn thses off.

    Mark

    , Dec 12, 2004

  2. Salut à toi **, tu nous disais ce dimanche
    12/12/2004 vers 10:28:10 ce qui suit :

    > Is there any way to Temporarily Disable Flash Player in Firefox?
    > (latest ver). There is one of those Yahoo groups that I like to read
    > from the web. They got these ads in Flash format, and they got all
    > sorts of moving and flashing stuff. After ten minutes of that, while
    > I am trying to read the messages, I am about ready to go out of my
    > mind. Is there a way to turn it off and on?
    >
    > Actually, I did rename the .DLL file used for Flash player and it
    > stopped working, but I hate to have to do that everytime I use those
    > groups,
    >
    > I love Firefox, but it seems to be lacking in adjustments, such as
    > beingto easily turn thses off.
    >
    > Mark

    You will find FlashBlock here :
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=45

    --
    L'erreur est de croire qu'on est seul devant ses problèmes !
    Utilisez Firefox - Thunderbird - MesNews .... le tiercé gagnant ;) ICQ#

    Michel Doucet, Dec 12, 2004

  3. :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/12/2004 4:28 AM wrote:
    > Is there any way to Temporarily Disable Flash Player in Firefox?
    > (latest ver). There is one of those Yahoo groups that I like to read
    > from the web. They got these ads in Flash format, and they got all
    > sorts of moving and flashing stuff. After ten minutes of that, while
    > I am trying to read the messages, I am about ready to go out of my
    > mind. Is there a way to turn it off and on?

    There are two extensions you can try: FlashBlock or AdBlock. FlashBlock
    does just what it's name suggests. AdBlock will allow you to block the
    ad server who is responsible for the ads. Personally, I *love* AdBlock;
    I sometimes forget what webpages look like with ads... until I fire up
    IE at work :-(

    > Actually, I did rename the .DLL file used for Flash player and it
    > stopped working, but I hate to have to do that everytime I use those
    > groups,
    >
    > I love Firefox, but it seems to be lacking in adjustments, such as
    > beingto easily turn thses off.

    How do I easily turn off Flash in IE? I'd *love* to be able to
    temporarily disable flash on my work computer -- where I'm forced to use IE!

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 12, 2004
  4. Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth Michel Doucet <> in

    > You will find FlashBlock here :
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=45

    I use this every day, and LOVE IT!

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Dec 12, 2004
  5. :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    > On 12/12/2004 4:28 AM wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to Temporarily Disable Flash Player in Firefox?
    >> (latest ver). There is one of those Yahoo groups that I like to read
    >> from the web. They got these ads in Flash format, and they got all
    >> sorts of moving and flashing stuff. After ten minutes of that, while
    >> I am trying to read the messages, I am about ready to go out of my
    >> mind. Is there a way to turn it off and on?

    > There are two extensions you can try: FlashBlock or AdBlock. FlashBlock
    > does just what it's name suggests. AdBlock will allow you to block the
    > ad server who is responsible for the ads. Personally, I *love* AdBlock;
    > I sometimes forget what webpages look like with ads... until I fire up
    > IE at work :-(
    >
    >> Actually, I did rename the .DLL file used for Flash player and it
    >> stopped working, but I hate to have to do that everytime I use those
    >> groups,
    >>
    >> I love Firefox, but it seems to be lacking in adjustments, such as
    >> beingto easily turn thses off.

    > How do I easily turn off Flash in IE? I'd *love* to be able to
    > temporarily disable flash on my work computer -- where I'm forced to use
    > IE!
    >
    >> Mark

    I vote for Adblock. Flashblock is great as long as you really don't
    want most flash, but it does cause problems with some desired flash.
    Adblock will kill them right off.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2004
  6. KeithS Guest

    wrote:
    > Is there any way to Temporarily Disable Flash Player in Firefox?

    > I love Firefox, but it seems to be lacking in adjustments, such as
    > beingto easily turn thses off.

    Mark,
    Have you considered Preferences Toolbar extension at
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/main.php/Firefox
    (under 'Configuration')?
    I use it on Mozilla browser, and consider it one of the most essential
    extensions available.
    Instantly change a page's colour, allow/disallow images, Java,
    animation, Flash, change fonts and size, browser spoofing etc etc.
    Good help page too.
    KeithS

    KeithS, Dec 13, 2004
  7. :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/12/2004 11:28 PM Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    >
    >> On 12/12/2004 4:28 AM wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to Temporarily Disable Flash Player in Firefox?
    >>> (latest ver). There is one of those Yahoo groups that I like to read
    >>> from the web. They got these ads in Flash format, and they got all
    >>> sorts of moving and flashing stuff. After ten minutes of that, while
    >>> I am trying to read the messages, I am about ready to go out of my
    >>> mind. Is there a way to turn it off and on?

    >> There are two extensions you can try: FlashBlock or AdBlock.
    >> FlashBlock does just what it's name suggests. AdBlock will allow you
    >> to block the ad server who is responsible for the ads. Personally, I
    >> *love* AdBlock; I sometimes forget what webpages look like with ads...
    >> until I fire up IE at work :-(
    >>
    >>> Actually, I did rename the .DLL file used for Flash player and it
    >>> stopped working, but I hate to have to do that everytime I use those
    >>> groups,
    >>>
    >>> I love Firefox, but it seems to be lacking in adjustments, such as
    >>> beingto easily turn thses off.

    >> How do I easily turn off Flash in IE? I'd *love* to be able to
    >> temporarily disable flash on my work computer -- where I'm forced to
    >> use IE!
    >>
    >>> Mark

    > I vote for Adblock. Flashblock is great as long as you really don't
    > want most flash, but it does cause problems with some desired flash.
    > Adblock will kill them right off.
    >
    > Lee

    Sold! You've convinced me! <g>.

    What I like about AdBlock over FlashBlock is that it's only killing the
    advertising Flash files from ad servers that I've configured. I still
    get menus and other "wanted" flash content... just never any of the
    annoying flash ads. Whenever I come across a new advertising server, I
    block the iFrame with AdBlock, and never see the content again.

    AdBlock, it's my favorite Firefox extension ;-)

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 13, 2004
  8. rieekan

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2006