  1. Guest

    Is there anything to test your DVD writer with? Software etc....
    , Aug 2, 2005

  2. GraB Guest

    On 2 Aug 2005 02:45:37 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Is there anything to test your DVD writer with? Software etc....

    It would help to know what burner you have and what version firmware.
    Have you upgraded the firmware?

    But get the latest Nero CD-DVD Speed and check out the various tests,
    such as the disc quality test under Extra menu. Also the transfer
    rate test can tell you a bit.

    If it is a LiteOn burner get Kprobe2. That is very informative.

    DVDInfoPro will tell you who made the media. Sometimes the
    manufaturer changes. Sometimes you just get a bad batch. My first
    two spindles of Emtech were excellent but the third was somewhat less
    good, though still acceptable.
    GraB, Aug 2, 2005

  3. I use Nero's verify facility.

    One off failures are faultly discs, five off - faulty burner.

    Alan Shepherd, Aug 2, 2005