    it is. Is there an easy way to tell, once I get my set, as to which it is.
    Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of swap/trade
    program?
    Bratboy, Apr 10, 2006

  2. Bratboy

    Aphelion Guest

    >I have a set of the Mel Brooks dvd set. My only concern is I've seen
    >several reports that Young Frnakenstein isn't Animorphic and then other
    >posts saying it is. Is there an easy way to tell, once I get my set, as to
    >which it is. Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of
    >swap/trade program?

    There's really no way I know of to tell unless you have a widescreen TV.

    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Apr 10, 2006

  3. Bratboy

    John Howells Guest

    "Aphelion" <> wrote

    > >I have a set of the Mel Brooks dvd set. My only concern is I've seen
    > >several reports that Young Frnakenstein isn't Animorphic and then other
    > >posts saying it is. Is there an easy way to tell, once I get my set, as

    > >which it is. Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of
    > >swap/trade program?

    > There's really no way I know of to tell unless you have a widescreen TV.

    You take a normal DVD player and play the disk using "4x3 TV" mode. Then you
    change the player to "16:9 TV" mode and play it again. If it looks the same
    it is *NOT* anamorphic. If it looks different it is. In "16:9 TV" mode the
    black lines top and bottom will disappear (or be much thinner) from an
    anamorphic disk, on both 4:3 and 16:9 TVs, assuming the TV is not set for
    some automatic "zoom" or similar mode. QED.

    John Howells
    John Howells, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Bratboy

    Bratboy Guest

    "Aphelion" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a set of the Mel Brooks dvd set. My only concern is I've seen
    > >several reports that Young Frnakenstein isn't Animorphic and then other
    > >posts saying it is. Is there an easy way to tell, once I get my set, as
    > >to which it is. Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of
    > >swap/trade program?

    > There's really no way I know of to tell unless you have a widescreen TV.
    >

    > Aphelion

    Actually I do have one. I realize its just showing my ignorance but never
    have completely understood Animorphic vs NoneAni. I know it has more info
    which is supposed to make for a better image but never really figured out
    how to tell on screen, I just look for hints when shopping like "Enhanced
    for Widescreen" "Animorphic" or the various other names they give it. Only
    reason this time I'm curious is that I guess the YF case says its Animorphic
    but several ppl who posted at Amazon said their copy wasnt.
    Bratboy, Apr 10, 2006
  5. In article <443a52d5$0$43945$>, Bratboy
    <> wrote:

    > I have a set of the Mel Brooks dvd set. My only concern is I've seen several
    > reports that Young Frnakenstein isn't Animorphic and then other posts saying
    > it is. Is there an easy way to tell, once I get my set, as to which it is.
    > Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of swap/trade
    > program?

    There is no Young Frankenstein out (sadly) that is anamorphic,
    including the just release DVD included in the Mel Brooks Collection.

    Heinrich
    Heinrich Galland, Apr 10, 2006
  6. Bratboy

    John Howells Guest

    "Heinrich Galland" <> wrote

    > There is no Young Frankenstein out (sadly) that is anamorphic,
    > including the just release DVD included in the Mel Brooks Collection.

    Unless you are in the UK or Australia, where it has only ever been released
    as anamorphic.

    John Howells
    John Howells, Apr 10, 2006
  7. Bratboy

    unclejr Guest

    John Howells wrote:
    > You take a normal DVD player and play the disk using "4x3 TV" mode. Then you
    > change the player to "16:9 TV" mode and play it again. If it looks the same
    > it is *NOT* anamorphic. If it looks different it is. In "16:9 TV" mode the
    > black lines top and bottom will disappear (or be much thinner) from an
    > anamorphic disk, on both 4:3 and 16:9 TVs, assuming the TV is not set for
    > some automatic "zoom" or similar mode. QED.

    This is a good method. Alternatively, you can use the PowerDVD app on
    your PC (assuming that you have it installed).

    -Junior
    unclejr, Apr 10, 2006
  8. In article <100420061112119665%>, Heinrich Galland
    <> wrote:

    > In article <443a52d5$0$43945$>, Bratboy
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a set of the Mel Brooks dvd set. My only concern is I've seen
    > > several
    > > reports that Young Frnakenstein isn't Animorphic and then other posts
    > > saying
    > > it is. Is there an easy way to tell, once I get my set, as to which it is.
    > > Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of swap/trade
    > > program?
    > >

    > There is no Young Frankenstein out (sadly) that is anamorphic,
    > including the just release DVD included in the Mel Brooks Collection.
    >

    > Heinrich

    You're right, I should have specified Region 1 as the place that has no
    Anamorphic version.

    Heinrich
    Heinrich Galland, Apr 10, 2006
  9. Bratboy

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Bratboy declared:
    > I have a set of the Mel Brooks dvd set. My only concern is I've seen several
    > reports that Young Frnakenstein isn't Animorphic and then other posts saying
    > it is. Is there an easy way to tell, once I get my set, as to which it is.

    Apparently the anamorphic discs have yellow lettering on the spine,
    while the non-anamorphci discs have white.

    > Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of swap/trade
    > program?

    Why should they? The box set is from Fox.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs.
    Sean O'Hara, Apr 14, 2006
  10. Bratboy

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Heinrich Galland
    declared:
    > In article <443a52d5$0$43945$>,
    > Bratboy <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a set of the Mel Brooks dvd set. My only concern is I've
    >> seen several reports that Young Frnakenstein isn't Animorphic
    >> and then other posts saying it is. Is there an easy way to
    >> tell, once I get my set, as to which it is. Also if it turns
    >> out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of swap/trade program?
    >>

    > There is no Young Frankenstein out (sadly) that is anamorphic,
    > including the just release DVD included in the Mel Brooks
    > Collection.

    No, the new set does include an anamorphic transfer of YF. However,
    Fox apparently screwed up and put the old, non-anamorphic disc in
    some of the sets.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and
    Sean O'Hara, Apr 14, 2006
  11. Bratboy

    Bratboy Guest

    "Sean O'Hara" <> wrote in message
    > In the Year of the Dog, the Great and Powerful Bratboy declared:
    >> I have a set of the Mel Brooks dvd set. My only concern is I've seen
    >> several reports that Young Frnakenstein isn't Animorphic and then other
    >> posts saying it is. Is there an easy way to tell, once I get my set, as
    >> to which it is.

    > Apparently the anamorphic discs have yellow lettering on the spine, while
    > the non-anamorphci discs have white.
    >
    >> Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of swap/trade
    >> program?

    > Why should they? The box set is from Fox.
    >

    > --
    > Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    > Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs.
    > -Terry Pratchett, /Hogfather/

    Well true the set is by Fox but isnt YF like Blazing in that they were
    provided by WB, assumably by error they sent some non-ani out so figured
    they would be who one would contact to correct that particular item.
    Bratboy, Apr 14, 2006
  12. Bratboy

    Bratboy Guest

    Cool, my set showed up today and the txt on YF spine is yellow so maybe I
    got lucky.
    Bratboy, Apr 15, 2006
  13. Bratboy

    jayembee Guest

    "Bratboy" <> wrote

    >>> Also if it turns out my copy isnt is WB doing any sort of
    >>> swap/trade program?

    >> Why should they? The box set is from Fox.

    > Well true the set is by Fox but isnt YF like Blazing in that they
    > were provided by WB,

    No. YF has always been a Fox title.

    Is SADDLES really in the box set? That would be a first, wouldn't it?
    Warner actually licensing a title for inclusion in someone else's
    box set? They've included other studios' releases in their own sets
    (specifically the Kubrick and Stone sets), but I don't recall a Warner
    title showing up in another studio's set before.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Apr 16, 2006
  14. Bratboy

    Bratboy Guest

    "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > "Bratboy" <> wrote

    >>> Why should they? The box set is from Fox.

    >> Well true the set is by Fox but isnt YF like Blazing in that they
    >> were provided by WB,

    > No. YF has always been a Fox title.
    >
    > Is SADDLES really in the box set? That would be a first, wouldn't it?
    > Warner actually licensing a title for inclusion in someone else's
    > box set? They've included other studios' releases in their own sets
    > (specifically the Kubrick and Stone sets), but I don't recall a Warner
    > title showing up in another studio's set before.
    >
    > -- jayembee

    Yes BS is in the set, sadly they didnt use the newer 30th Anniversary
    edition but it is included. It all ballences out for me I already owned the
    30th edition and a non animorphic YF. Since the sets YF is animorphic I'm
    happy.
    Bratboy, Apr 16, 2006