    they'll most likely capture or even kill me.

    So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
    hostage or being killed???

    Gene Stonerly, Jan 30, 2008

  2. Gene Stonerly

    Charles Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:04:05 -0800 (PST), Gene Stonerly
    <> wrote:

    >I'm going to travel to Afghanistan next month and I'd
    >like to take some photos of Taliban.
    >
    >However, I've heard that Taliban don't like to be photographed,
    >they'll most likely capture or even kill me.
    >
    >So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
    >hostage or being killed???

    Pay them. One Hundred New Sheqalim should be about right.

    Charles, Jan 30, 2008

  3. Gene Stonerly

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Gene Stonerly wrote:
    > I'm going to travel to Afghanistan next month and I'd
    > like to take some photos of Taliban.
    >
    > However, I've heard that Taliban don't like to be photographed,
    > they'll most likely capture or even kill me.
    >
    > So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
    > hostage or being killed???

    Use a super zoom model with a quiet shutter.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Jan 30, 2008
  4. Gene Stonerly

    Allen Guest

    Gene Stonerly wrote:
    > I'm going to travel to Afghanistan next month and I'd
    > like to take some photos of Taliban.
    >
    > However, I've heard that Taliban don't like to be photographed,
    > they'll most likely capture or even kill me.
    >
    > So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
    > hostage or being killed???

    Veeeery carefully.
    Allen

    Allen, Jan 30, 2008
  5. Gene Stonerly wrote:
    > I'm going to travel to Afghanistan next month and I'd
    > like to take some photos of Taliban.
    >
    > However, I've heard that Taliban don't like to be photographed,
    > they'll most likely capture or even kill me.
    >
    > So, how can I take photos of Taliban without being taken
    > hostage or being killed???

    I can't tell about Afghanistan, but I was in Pakistan (Northern part).
    My observation is, that if I first asked the people where all happy to
    pose. Just get in contact with the people first. Show them your interest
    in them and go and drink a chai.
    The people there are very friendly and will invite you to their house.

    Best thin to do is to meet people who live there for years and let them
    teach you about the culture. Takin photographs is also about culture!

    And don't believe CNN! "Afghanistan = Taliban" is as wrong as "Taliban =
    Terrorist" and many other things. Go and learn to love the people there!
    And don't try to pretend that you believe the same as they believe. Be
    honest and they will be interested in you.

    I wish you the best for your journey.

    Marco

    --
    Dimage A2, Agfa isolette