    I realize that I can just "share" files on the computer and do this manualy
    but, I would rather set up something a little more automated.

    If microsoft does not offer a product that can do this, the who does?

    =?Utf-8?B?Ui5ULk1hbHRodXM=?=, Jan 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Ui5ULk1hbHRodXM=?=

    Ben Guest

    From one workstation, I recommend the laptop, open the shared folder of the
    desktop, right click, then select 'Make Available' offline this will mean
    you can edit the files when away from the network, then when you reconnect
    it will automatically synchronise the files.
    Ben

    Ben, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Hi
    May be this can Help too,
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...54-C975-4814-9649-CCE41AF06EB7&displaylang=en
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 18, 2006
  4. "R.T.Malthus" <> wrote in message
    >I have a desktop and laptop connected to my home wireless network. I often
    > take the laptop with me, or transport files to a work computer via a USB
    > flash drive. I need a quick and easy way to synconize the files on all
    > three
    > of these devices. I can't seem to find the "briefcase" that came with
    > windows 98. Does microsoft include any such utility in winxp or winxp
    > pro?
    >
    > I realize that I can just "share" files on the computer and do this
    > manualy
    > but, I would rather set up something a little more automated.
    >
    > If microsoft does not offer a product that can do this, the who does?

    I don't have the thumbdrive in the mix, but use this to synch from desktop
    to laptop and back.
    http://www.centered.com/

    Bob

    Leanin' Cedar, Jan 20, 2006