    of the 64bit version or do I need to uninstal first?

    If I need to uninstal how do I do it? When I put the disk in I just get
    options to install again or repair.

    Lorne, May 13, 2010

  2. To uninstall the current installation of Win 7 x64, you boot in to XP
    and delete the partition with it. Or, you can boot with the 32-bit
    install disc and tell the 32-bit Win 7 to delete the current
    installation of 64-bit Win 7. You cannot install 32-bit over it.

    If your video card gives you an erro in 64-bit Windows 7, there's a high
    probability it will give you the same error in 32-bit Win 7.

    Bobby Johnson, May 13, 2010

  3. See
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.22&lang=English

    The Radeon 9800 is no longer supported. If you are lucky, it will work
    but there is no guarantee.

    Dominic Payer, May 13, 2010
  4. Lorne

    Lorne Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > You're using a dual core processor on a nForce3 aren't you?
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NForce3#Windows_Vista_Incompatibility

    You are right but the workaround described in your link does not work
    because I get an error message saying my version of Windows requires signed
    drivers and these are not signed.

    Is there a way to override that requirment?

    Lorne, May 14, 2010
  5. "Lorne" <> wrote in message
    > "Jim" <> wrote in message
    >> You're using a dual core processor on a nForce3 aren't you?
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NForce3#Windows_Vista_Incompatibility
    >>

    > You are right but the workaround described in your link does not work
    > because I get an error message saying my version of Windows requires
    > signed drivers and these are not signed.
    >

    > Is there a way to override that requirment?

    Supposedly you can use bcdedit to invoke a test mode but I think the link
    here leads to a dead end.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744517(WS.10).aspx

    <quote>
    To install and verify test-signed drivers on 64-bit operating systems,
    Windows boot configuration must be set to test mode (by using BCDEdit on the
    target computer).

    For information about test mode during development, see [this Microsoft Web
    site].
    </quote>

    The same search also found this

    <title> The TESTSIGNING Boot Configuration Option (Windows Driver
    Kit)</title>
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff553484(VS.85).aspx

    (Microsoft search for
    driver "test mode" boot
    )

    Good luck

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

    Robert Aldwinckle, May 15, 2010
  6. Lorne

    John Turco Guest

    Lorne wrote:

    > "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > > You're using a dual core processor on a nForce3 aren't you?
    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NForce3#Windows_Vista_Incompatibility
    > >

    > You are right but the workaround described in your link does not work
    > because I get an error message saying my version of Windows requires signed
    > drivers and these are not signed.
    >
    > Is there a way to override that requirment?

    Here's an idea, from the Raymond.CC Blog <http://www.raymond.cc/blog>:

    Raymond.CC Blog - Loading Unsigned Drivers in Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit (x64)
    <http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/08/24/loading-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-7-and-vista-64-bit-x64/>

    A couple of relevant excerpts:

    "There are still a few working ways to load unsigned drivers though. The first
    method is to continuously press F8 when Windows is booted up until you get the
    Advanced Boot Options, then select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement'".

    "The problem about this method is you have to do that EACH Time when you boot
    up Windows and if you forgot to select this option, you won’t get to load the
    unsigned drivers and the software won’t work."

    Good luck!

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>