    Anyone have a solution to this arrogant nonsense of those who program
    pages this way?
    , Nov 18, 2012

  2. On 2012-11-18, wrote:
    > I'm using Firefox 3.6 with Win XP
    >
    > Is there some way to stop sites from auto playing videos when I go to
    > their site? An especially aggravating one is -
    >
    > http://www.videobash.com/
    >
    > After one video that I chose to play ends, the dang page automatically
    > starts playing another one. I remember that Netscape had a button to
    > stop this loading. How come FF doesn't?
    >
    > Anyone have a solution to this arrogant nonsense of those who program
    > pages this way?

    Install the FlashBlock add-on.

    --
    Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
    Author: =======================
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Nov 19, 2012

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:27:05 -0500, "Chris F.A. Johnson"
    <> wrote:

    >On 2012-11-18, wrote:
    >> I'm using Firefox 3.6 with Win XP
    >>
    >> Is there some way to stop sites from auto playing videos when I go to
    >> their site? An especially aggravating one is -
    >>
    >> http://www.videobash.com/
    >>
    >> After one video that I chose to play ends, the dang page automatically
    >> starts playing another one. I remember that Netscape had a button to
    >> stop this loading. How come FF doesn't?
    >>
    >> Anyone have a solution to this arrogant nonsense of those who program
    >> pages this way?

    > Install the FlashBlock add-on.

    It did stop videobash from continuing on with a new video after my
    chosen one ended. We'll see how it works on the myriad of flash
    games other pages use.

    Thanks!
    , Nov 19, 2012