    Aljolyn Guest

    How do you stop programs from loading on startup. My lower right task bar is
    full of programs when I boot up. I'm using wind xp.

    Aljolyn, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Aljolyn

    Grant Guzda Guest

    Hello,
    Go to start button click on run type in the command msconfig. This
    program will have multiple tabs. Select the startup tab this will show
    all startup programs you then can select the ones you do not want to
    load at startup.

    Grant Guzda, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Aljolyn

    why? Guest

    On 30 Jan 2004 17:31:48 GMT, Aljolyn wrote:

    > How do you stop programs from loading on startup. My lower right task bar is
    >full of programs when I boot up. I'm using wind xp.

    First 4 found from a search using www.google.com

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/prevent_programs_loading_at_startup.htm

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_starttrack.htm
    This small GUI (Graphical User Interface) utility will check the Start
    Menu and the System Registry for items that load at startup. It will
    also check for Disabled Startup items and changes to the default "Shell"
    value. Support for listing all running Processes and Services has been
    added.

    http://www.arstechnica.com/tweak/win2k/xp/sgp-tweaks-1.html

    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1074208469
    Hi! I have a question that maybe one of you savvy people can answer! I
    have WAY too many programs starting up when I start my computer.

    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml
    This applet shows you what programs are configured to run during system
    bootup or login. These programs include ones in your startup folder,
    Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. You'll probably be surprised at
    how many executables are launched automatically.

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2004