    using Foxfire almost exclusively since it was first released but I can't
    continue unless I can stop these pop up's.

    Jim

    Alex, Aug 26, 2007

  2. Alex wrote:
    > Not certain if this is the proper place to post this item
    > but here goes:
    >
    > About 2 weeks ago I started getting a host of pop up
    > windows with Foxfire but I don't have this situation
    > using Internet Explorer. I believe the problem may have
    > started about the time my grandson downloaded a game
    > which we've since eliminated.
    >
    > I'm using Norton 360, Spybot, Ad Aware 2007, and
    > CCleaner. Would greatly appreciate any suggestion as to
    > how to eliminate these pop up's. I've been using Foxfire
    > almost exclusively since it was first released but I
    > can't continue unless I can stop these pop up's.

    perhaps maybe if you asked in the Foxfire newsgroup they can
    help. :)

    But if you mean Firefox, then what sort of popups are you
    getting? What do they say? Have you got block popups
    enabled?: Tools, Options, Content, and the first box should
    be checked. Also, take a look under its Exception button,
    and see whats in there?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 26, 2007

  3. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Thanks for your reply Peter.

    Most of the pop up are ads, one I get frequently is Hollywood upclose.com. I
    can't remember all of them right now but I'll keep a list from here on. They
    appear at random, are very bad at times, and then disappear for awhile.

    Yes I have pop up blocked in the Tools Options but that doesn't seem to
    help. I've checked all the other options and everything seems to be set
    correctly.

    Can't understand why I'm having this problem in Foxfire and not with
    Internet Explorer.

    I'm running Windows XP Pro on a LAN with a cable connection.

    Jim

    Alex, Aug 27, 2007
  4. Alex wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply Peter.
    >
    > Most of the pop up are ads, one I get frequently is Hollywood upclose.com. I
    > can't remember all of them right now but I'll keep a list from here on. They
    > appear at random, are very bad at times, and then disappear for awhile.
    >
    > Yes I have pop up blocked in the Tools Options but that doesn't seem to
    > help. I've checked all the other options and everything seems to be set
    > correctly.
    >
    > Can't understand why I'm having this problem in Foxfire and not with
    > Internet Explorer.
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro on a LAN with a cable connection.

    uncheck the popup setting, close FIREFOX, reopen it, check
    that setting, close FF once more, and reopen it again. Does
    it work now?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 28, 2007
  5. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Peter,

    I'll have to try it for a day or so to make certain I no longer get the pop
    ups. I'll let you know - thanks again.

    Alex, Aug 28, 2007
  6. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Sorry but I'm still getting the pop ups - LasikPlus, Consumer Campaign, and
    Hollywood upclose.
    Unchecked pop ups, closed FF, opened FF, checked pop ups, closed FF, opened
    FF.

    Alex, Aug 28, 2007
  7. Alex wrote:
    > Sorry but I'm still getting the pop ups - LasikPlus, Consumer Campaign, and
    > Hollywood upclose.
    > Unchecked pop ups, closed FF, opened FF, checked pop ups, closed FF, opened
    > FF.
    >
    > Jim

    what extensions do you have installed? Anything like
    adblock, flashblocker. etc?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 28, 2007
  8. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Peter,

    I finally decided to re-install FoxFire last evening. So far, no pop ups but
    I'll wait another day or so before I say it's fixed.

    No adblock, flashblocker etc.

    Alex, Aug 28, 2007
  9. Alex

    Justin Guest

    Alex wrote on [Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:11:47 -0400]:
    > Peter,
    >
    > I finally decided to re-install FoxFire last evening. So far, no pop ups but
    > I'll wait another day or so before I say it's fixed.

    Firefox

    Justin, Aug 28, 2007
  10. Alex

    elaich Guest

    wrote in news:fasd38$frd$:

    > perhaps maybe if you asked in the Foxfire newsgroup they can
    > help. :)

    I've seen this Foxfire thing too many times. Surely nobody is so stupid as
    to misname the program. It's trolling.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

    elaich, Aug 29, 2007
  11. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Yes, FireFox not FoxFire. Problem appears to be solved after I re-installed
    "FireFox", thanks to all.

    Jim

    Alex, Aug 29, 2007