    a campbell Guest

    Please can you tell me how people manage to get my email address when I
    hvent even emailed them

    a campbell, Jul 27, 2005

  2. a campbell wrote:
    || Please can you tell me how people manage to get my email address
    || when I hvent even emailed them

    SpamFighter is a good program to use, its a plug in for outlook express
    and
    its free

    Me Myself and I, Jul 27, 2005

  3. a campbell

    philo Guest

    "a campbell" <> wrote in message
    > Please can you tell me how people manage to get my email address when I
    > hvent even emailed them

    first off...
    be sure to mung your real email address when posting in pubic forums

    and though it won't eliminate spam...
    a free app called Mailwasher can at least help you delete and blacklist it
    before you even download it (just don;t use the "bounce" feature)

    philo, Jul 27, 2005
  4. a campbell wrote:

    > Please can you tell me how people manage to get my email address when I
    > hvent even emailed them

    A great way is posting to Usenet with your real address.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 27, 2005
  5. a campbell

    dwacon Guest

    "a campbell" <> wrote in message
    > Please can you tell me how people manage to get my email address when I
    > hvent even emailed them

    The same way you get phone calls and junk mail... sort of. But don't ruin
    your anonymity by posting your addy to newsgroups.

    Try SpamPal -- you can set it up to only receive from a specific whitelist
    and dump the rest.

    --
    For Lovers Only
    http://tinyurl.com/8emny

    dwacon, Jul 27, 2005
  6. a campbell

    Render Me Guest

    reply and tell them to stop.

    Render Me, Jul 27, 2005
  7. a campbell

    jils Guest

    jils, Jul 27, 2005
  8. a campbell

    Max Wachtel Guest

    "Render Me" <> wrote in

    > reply and tell them to stop.

    That is one of the stupidest answers from you today!
    -max
    --
    "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
    Infections, Spyware, Trojans and Adware. -PanHandler

    Max Wachtel, Jul 28, 2005