    adaptor in System - Hardware under Sound, video and games controllers
    other than "Legacy Video Capture Devices", "Media Control Devices" and
    "Video Codecs".

    Wallace, Feb 3, 2007

  2. On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:48:08 GMT, "Wallace" <> wrote:

    >I have a fairly old XP laptop computer running at about 1.5 GHz. Some DVDs
    >play fine but some recent ones have been very juddery as if the processor
    >hasn't sufficient power to decode the video so breaks up the picture. The
    >sound quality is fine.
    >
    >Can I buy a PCMCIA card to speed things along? I can't find any display
    >adaptor in System - Hardware under Sound, video and games controllers
    >other than "Legacy Video Capture Devices", "Media Control Devices" and
    >"Video Codecs".

    It might depend on what player software you are using. Try something
    like PowerDVD, which has quite a quick and dirty decoder - it might be
    smoother.

    Also, in th eplayer software, experiment with any settings you might
    have to allow hardware acceleration - this will take some load off the
    processor and onto your graphics chip.

    Steve

    The Doctor Who Restoration Team Website
    http://www.restoration-team.co.uk