    side wireless it takes 6 mins and 12 upwards for both wireless. Ive changed
    channels, pci irq slots. Reception seems to vary. I put it all close
    together and it doesnt help it at all

    nerd, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Most ethernet devices are 100megabit per second these days. Wireless
    connection speeds vary upon conditions but are usually up to 11mps for
    802.11b and up to 54mps for 802.11g. Unfortunately, a 10 minute transfer
    time isn't unlikely.

    How are you logging onto the internet? If you are using Internet Explorer's
    dial-up and Virtual Private Network Settings you can modify the connection
    settings. From an Internet Explorer window select TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS
    and click on the Connections Tab on the Internet Options property sheet.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Jun 6, 2005