    How can I make Acrobat stop trying to upgrade with things I've already
    rejected multiple times?

    Thanks very much in advance...

    BillJosephson, Nov 11, 2006

  2. BillJosephson

    beenthere Guest

    "BillJosephson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, every time I open Adobe Acrobat, it tries to install the Atmosphere
    > upgrade. I have told it a million times not to do it. Pretty obnoxious.
    >
    > How can I make Acrobat stop trying to upgrade with things I've already
    > rejected multiple times?
    >
    > Thanks very much in advance...

    If you only use it for reading PDF files, consider dumping it
    in favour of Foxit reader.
    http://www.download.com/Foxit-PDF-Reader/3000-2079_4-10313206.html

    It `s small and fast. And it`s Free.
    HTH.

    beenthere, Nov 11, 2006

  3. BillJosephson

    why? Guest

    the x-post trimmed to 24hshd from
    adobe.acrobat.windows,24hoursupport.helpdesk

    On 11 Nov 2006 12:37:23 -0800, BillJosephson wrote:

    >Hi, every time I open Adobe Acrobat, it tries to install the Atmosphere
    >upgrade. I have told it a million times not to do it. Pretty obnoxious.

    You haven't looked (very hard) at all? www.google.com , or the online
    adobe support or even Edit / Preferences / Updates. Pick the obvious
    choice.

    That's for Adobe Reader 6.0 , it may be different for the version you
    have, no point in trying to guess, it's easer to say - why didn't you
    say what version you have?

    Of course that's not helpful on it's own as you only mentioned Adobe
    Acrobat, that's assumed you mean Adobe Acrobat <version> Standard and
    not the Adobe Reader <version> or another product of a similar name.

    >How can I make Acrobat stop trying to upgrade with things I've already
    >rejected multiple times?
    >
    >Thanks very much in advance...

    Me

    why?, Nov 11, 2006
  4. Just trying this again....

    Acrobat keeps asking me every time I use it if I want to upgrade, and I
    don't want those upgrades so I tell it every time no. How can I make it
    stop?

    Thanks in advance...

    BillJosephson, Nov 19, 2006
  5. BillJosephson

    > Just trying this again....
    >
    > Acrobat keeps asking me every time I use it if I want to upgrade, and I
    > don't want those upgrades so I tell it every time no. How can I make it
    > stop?

    If it`s Acrobat reader, I suggest you dump it, and get a copy of
    Foxit Reader.
    It knocks AR sideways.
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader_2/down_reader.htm
    HTH.
    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Nov 19, 2006
  6. BillJosephson

    Stace Guest

    > Just trying this again....
    >
    > Acrobat keeps asking me every time I use it if I want to upgrade, and I
    > don't want those upgrades so I tell it every time no. How can I make it
    > stop?
    >

    > Thanks in advance...

    Start Adobe Acrobat Reader. Select Edit, Preferences, click on Updates in
    the left panel. Select the 'Do not automatically check for critical updates'
    option and OK it.

    HTH,
    Stace.

    Stace, Nov 19, 2006