    I once saw an iacticle that described a combination of keys to press to
    stop a disc from loading but I misplaced it. Any input would be gratefully
    received. TIA

    GJ, Mar 4, 2008

  2. GJ

    0.0 Guest

    "GJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I once saw an iacticle that described a combination of keys to press to
    >stop a disc from loading but I misplaced it. Any input would be gratefully
    >received. TIA

    Google; "Stop CD from Autoplay"

    Results 1 - 10 of about 676,000 for stop cd from autoplay. (0.25 seconds)

    0.0, Mar 5, 2008

  3. GJ

    MoiMoi Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I once saw an iacticle that described a combination of keys to press to
    > stop a disc from loading but I misplaced it. Any input would be gratefully
    > received. TIA

    Just SHIFT will do it.

    MM

    MoiMoi, Mar 5, 2008
  4. GJ

    VanguardLH Guest

    "GJ" wrote in message news:...
    > I once saw an iacticle that described a combination of keys to
    > press to

    What is an "iacticle"? Spell checker not working in OE? OE doesn't
    come with a spell checker. If you don't have Office installed for OE
    to use its spell checker, you can get 3rd party spell checkers for
    free (Google is your friend).

    > stop a disc from loading but I misplaced it. Any input would be
    > gratefully received.

    From *loading*? Well, then don't push the tray in after laying the CD
    on it. Then it won't *load*.

    If you mean not to have the OS check for autorun.inf and run any
    commands listed therein, that is not loading. That is autorun (aka
    autoplay). How to disable depends on WHICH operating system you are
    using which you did not bother to identify. I could *guess* that you
    are using some UNNAMED version of Windows because you posted using OE
    but you could be posting from a different host or using multibooting
    and you need that question answered for a different OS.

    VanguardLH, Mar 5, 2008
  5. GJ

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 18:57:15 -0500, "GJ" <>
    wrote:

    >I once saw an iacticle that described a combination of keys to press to
    >stop a disc from loading but I misplaced it. Any input would be gratefully
    >received. TIA

    Hold down the Shift key for 20 or so seconds, after inserting the disc

    gb

    Gaius Baltar, Mar 6, 2008