    please help!!!

    Thanks,
    radha

    radha, Apr 14, 2004

  2. radha

    Lord2702 Guest

    Hello Radha,
    Just FYI. One year experience in software field, and MS exam is not quite
    enough. But try. you have to answer 58 - 60 questions in 2 hrs (120 mints)
    approx. 2 mints per question. Yes you can re-schedule exam once you book it,
    but only before 24 - 36 hrs. make a note. Since, you are taking VB.Net path,
    so I can not suggest Amit Kalani's book, which is for C#. 70-315. Goto
    Microsoft site. www.microsoft.com/traincert
    here you will get all the syllabus, and more info. Good Luck.

    Lord2702, Apr 15, 2004

  3. radha

    Eric Guest

    radha wrote:

    > 1)can anyone tell me how much time will it take to prepare
    > for the test.

    Most people take 2 or 3 months of part-time study - maybe an hour a day.

    > 2)and also I dont have any .Net experience my experience
    > includes in classic ASP.

    ASP.NET is quite different from ASP. Your ASP background will help
    some, but not much. It can also make it harder for you to learn new
    things because you'll be looking for similarities where none may exist.
    The key here is that you need to be flexible - you need to embrace the
    OOP stuff, in particular.

    > 3).can I reschedule the test date or can I take an open
    > date for taking this test.

    You can often come in 15 minutes early to take a test in the US (I
    don't know about other counties). Most centers are hooked up to MS via
    the internet so you don't need to schedule in advance. Some test
    centers might want a 24 hour notice, but I have never given notice
    myself. I just walk in, and 15 minutes later I'm taking the test.

    > 4).what is the best material to prepare for the test and
    > is there any syllabus I have to follow.

    For C#, the Kalani books are great. For VB.NET, the Gunderloy books are
    great. For a good syllabus, go here:
    http://www.codeclinic.com/certification.htm

    Eric, Apr 15, 2004
  4. radha

    Guest Guest

    Thanks a lot for your reply.it really helps.I also have
    one more question.Are there any practise tests for 70-
    305.do I have to buy them separately?

    Thanks again,
    radha

    Guest, Apr 16, 2004
  5. radha

    Guest Guest

    I am a student and work part time so I have only part of
    the day to study.Thanks a lot for the clarification coz I
    was seeing as to what date to give to take the test for
    registration.
    I really appreciate your help.
    radha

    Guest, Apr 16, 2004