    dwolf Guest

    Is there a way when putting on a movie in your DVD player, you can just cut
    to the quick and have it start without all the baggage
    dwolf, Apr 22, 2008

  2. dwolf

    Netmask Guest

    "dwolf" <> wrote in message
    news:htcPj.95$...
    > Is there a way when putting on a movie in your DVD player, you can just
    > cut to the quick and have it start without all the baggage

    Copy just the movie. Plenty of ways to that... The more adventuresome folk
    might be able to hack the firmware to overcome PGC limitations on the disc.
    Some DVD players do ignore instructions like my no-brand Chinese player. The
    Next button always works - quite good at $39
    Netmask, Apr 22, 2008

  3. dwolf

    dwolf Guest

    I know it works on copies... but I'm looking for the quick way to skip the
    stuff when watching a rental

    dwolf, Apr 22, 2008
  4. dwolf

    Netmask Guest

    "Irulan" <> wrote in message
    > Press the TITLE or the ROOT MENU button. That will
    > usually skip all the beginning crap and go to the movie
    > menu immediately.
    >
    > --
    > Irulan
    > from the stars we come
    > to the stars we return
    > from now until the end of time.
    >
    > "dwolf" <> wrote in message
    >>I know it works on copies... but I'm looking for the quick way to skip the
    >>stuff when watching a rental
    >>
    >> "Netmask" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "dwolf" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Copy just the movie. Plenty of ways to that... The more adventuresome
    >>> folk might be able to hack the firmware to overcome PGC limitations on
    >>> the disc. Some DVD players do ignore instructions like my no-brand
    >>> Chinese player. The Next button always works - quite good at $39

    Not if the authoring process has blocked access until the first warning
    messages have played in full . If you are copying a disc you can use a
    program like PgcEdit to suppress those commands. The only solution for the
    OP is to either copy or find a DVD player that deliberately circumvents PGC
    commands in firmware and then such a player may have other shortcomings - I
    was lucky I picked up an el cheapo Chinese unit at Haymarket , Sydney that
    simply ignores pgc commands and you can always go direct to the menu and
    even then skip forward but for the life of me I don't know who made the
    thing - it had a peel off label brand name called "Beautiful Bluebird"
    !!!!!!!
    Netmask, Apr 23, 2008
  5. On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:00:57 GMT, "Netmask" <>
    wrote:

    >Not if the authoring process has blocked access until the first warning
    >messages have played in full .

    Most Warner titles flow right into the movie.
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Apr 24, 2008
  6. dwolf

    billgatesux Guest

    On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:49:28 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:00:57 GMT, "Netmask" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Not if the authoring process has blocked access until the first warning
    >>messages have played in full .

    > Most Warner titles flow right into the movie.

    No they dont, dumbass. You still have to navigate through a menu.
    billgatesux, Apr 24, 2008
  7. On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:17:41 +1000, billgatesux <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:49:28 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:00:57 GMT, "Netmask" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Not if the authoring process has blocked access until the first warning
    >>>messages have played in full .

    >> Most Warner titles flow right into the movie.

    >No they dont, dumbass. You still have to navigate through a menu.

    BULLSHIT, you goddamned retarded ****!

    Damn near EVERY Warner title (if not every one) I EVER placed into ANY
    of MY players auto starts the movie. PERIOD!

    You must buy that retarded Coby cheap, dumb shit that doesn't work
    right... except for the hack horseshit.

    Zero menus... the movie auto-runs... every time.

    So **** off, idiot.
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Apr 25, 2008
  8. dwolf

    steveb Guest

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:46:19 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:17:41 +1000, billgatesux <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:49:28 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    >><> wrote:

    >>> Most Warner titles flow right into the movie.

    >>No they dont, dumbass. You still have to navigate through a menu.
    >>

    > BULLSHIT, you goddamned retarded ****!
    >
    > Damn near EVERY Warner title (if not every one) I EVER placed into ANY
    >of MY players auto starts the movie. PERIOD!
    >
    > You must buy that retarded Coby cheap, dumb shit that doesn't work
    >right... except for the hack horseshit.
    >
    > Zero menus... the movie auto-runs... every time.
    >
    > So **** off, idiot.

    WRONG, DUMBASS. No such titles exist you terminal fuckwit.

    Please go **** yourself.
    steveb, Apr 26, 2008
  9. dwolf

    steveb Guest

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:03:00 -0500, Justin <>
    wrote:

    >billgatesux wrote on [Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:17:41 +1000]:
    >> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:49:28 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Most Warner titles flow right into the movie.

    >> No they dont, dumbass. You still have to navigate through a menu.

    >No you don't, dumbass, if you just let the disc sit it will autostart
    >the movie.
    >
    >A lot of early WB discs would start the movie before the menu came up,
    >and the menu would come up after the movie finished.

    Wrong again, dumbass. No such titles exist.
    steveb, Apr 26, 2008
  10. On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:24:12 +1000, steveb <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:46:19 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:17:41 +1000, billgatesux <> wrote:

    >>>No they dont, dumbass. You still have to navigate through a menu.
    >>>

    >> BULLSHIT, you goddamned retarded ****!
    >>
    >> Damn near EVERY Warner title (if not every one) I EVER placed into ANY
    >>of MY players auto starts the movie. PERIOD!
    >>
    >> You must buy that retarded Coby cheap, dumb shit that doesn't work
    >>right... except for the hack horseshit.
    >>
    >> Zero menus... the movie auto-runs... every time.
    >>
    >> So **** off, idiot.

    >WRONG, DUMBASS. No such titles exist you terminal fuckwit.
    >
    >Please go **** yourself.

    You're a goddamned idiot.

    You starred in that movie "Total Retard". It is all clear to me now.
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Apr 27, 2008
  11. On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:24:49 +1000, steveb <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:03:00 -0500, Justin <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>billgatesux wrote on [Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:17:41 +1000]:

    >>> No they dont, dumbass. You still have to navigate through a menu.

    >>No you don't, dumbass, if you just let the disc sit it will autostart
    >>the movie.
    >>
    >>A lot of early WB discs would start the movie before the menu came up,
    >>and the menu would come up after the movie finished.

    >Wrong again, dumbass. No such titles exist.

    You do not refer to street maps when you are lost while driving either,
    do you?

    Bwuahahahahahaha!

    You really are one stupid fucktard.
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Apr 27, 2008
  12. On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:20:23 -0500, Justin <> wrote:

    >steveb wrote on [Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:24:49 +1000]:
    >> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:03:00 -0500, Justin <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>No you don't, dumbass, if you just let the disc sit it will autostart
    >>>the movie.
    >>>
    >>>A lot of early WB discs would start the movie before the menu came up,
    >>>and the menu would come up after the movie finished.

    >> Wrong again, dumbass. No such titles exist.

    >Wrong again, moron. They sure as hell do autostart

    It may even be safe to say that ALL Warner disc based titles auto-start,
    INCLUDING the HD-DVD and BluRay titles. Makes me wonder if there are any
    PSP titles around. They likely would auto-start as well.

    That steveb guy is an utter idiot. Mainly for continuing to be
    retarded, even after he was told by folks that obviously know more about
    it than he does.
    StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt, Apr 29, 2008