How to spot a counterfeit on eBay

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by tedrichardson9925@sbcglobal.net, Aug 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Aug 19, 2006

  2. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Steve Swoda (founder of buySAFE) offers the following tips on how to
    > avoid buying counterfeit merchandise (knockoffs) on eBay.

    Purchase with a credit card. If the product is bad, cancel the charge.
    The credit card company loses nothing. You lose nothing. The "bad"
    seller loses income plus a chargeback charge.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 20, 2006

  3. Win16Rules Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in message <44e7e078$0$472$>...
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Steve Swoda (founder of buySAFE) offers the following tips on how to
    >> avoid buying counterfeit merchandise (knockoffs) on eBay.

    >Purchase with a credit card. If the product is bad, cancel the charge.
    >The credit card company loses nothing. You lose nothing. The "bad"
    >seller loses income plus a chargeback charge.

    There has to be more to it than that. Otherwise, what's to stop peple from
    buying a bunch of stuff and cancelling the charge while keeping the items?

    Win16Rules, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Travis Guest

    Travis, Aug 21, 2006
  5. Guest

    Credit cards lose tons of money that way, but if the same person does
    it too many times, I'm pretty sure they get their card shut down and
    they have to prove, or lie that they never got the merchandise, or it
    was defective in some way.
    Win16Rules wrote:
    > Plato <|@|.|> wrote in message <44e7e078$0$472$>...
    > > wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Steve Swoda (founder of buySAFE) offers the following tips on how to
    > >> avoid buying counterfeit merchandise (knockoffs) on eBay.

    > >Purchase with a credit card. If the product is bad, cancel the charge.
    > >The credit card company loses nothing. You lose nothing. The "bad"
    > >seller loses income plus a chargeback charge.
    > >

    > There has to be more to it than that. Otherwise, what's to stop peple from
    > buying a bunch of stuff and cancelling the charge while keeping the items?

    , Aug 23, 2006
  6. Ernie Werbel Guest

    wrote in message
    <>...
    >Steve Swoda (founder of buySAFE) offers the following tips on how to
    >avoid buying counterfeit merchandise (knockoffs) on eBay.
    >
    >These tips were published in the Miami Herald a couple of weeks ago:
    >
    >http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-to-spot-counterfeit-on-ebay.html

    I have another tip on how to spot counterfeit items on ebay.

    1.) Type what you are looking for in the search box and press the button.

    2.) You're done!

    Ernie Werbel, Aug 23, 2006