  1. Any recommendations? Seems my Philips doesn't like avis of that size,
    3Megs.

    Cheers!

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Oct 21, 2009

  2. Re: How to split a 3Gig avi file (was 3meg)

    On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:53:08 +1300, Allistar <> wrote:

    >Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >
    >> Any recommendations? Seems my Philips doesn't like avis of that size,
    >> 3Megs.

    >Your Philips? Your Philips what?
    >
    >3Mb isn't very big - not very big at all. Are you sure you don't mean 3Gb?
    >You could use ffmpeg or transcode to split it.

    Oops ..... insufficient caffeine. 3Gigs is indeed my problem!

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Oct 21, 2009

  3. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    Lodi Guest

    Re: How to split a 3Gig avi file (was 3meg)

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:53:08 +1300, Allistar <> wrote:
    >
    >>Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any recommendations? Seems my Philips doesn't like avis of that size,
    >>> 3Megs.

    >>Your Philips? Your Philips what?
    >>
    >>3Mb isn't very big - not very big at all. Are you sure you don't mean 3Gb?
    >>You could use ffmpeg or transcode to split it.

    > Oops ..... insufficient caffeine. 3Gigs is indeed my problem!

    Avidemux? Will need a grunty computer for a 3GB file but is multi-platform.

    http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

    Or if it's linux just type the following at the command prompt....

    avisplit -s 500 -i /path/to/file/to/be/split

    which will result in six sequentially named 500MB files. No need for a
    grunty machine.

    Regards
    Lodi

    Lodi, Oct 22, 2009
  4. On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:53:08 +1300, Allistar <> wrote:

    >Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >
    >> Any recommendations? Seems my Philips doesn't like avis of that size,
    >> 3Megs.

    >Your Philips? Your Philips what?
    >
    >3Mb isn't very big - not very big at all. Are you sure you don't mean 3Gb?
    >You could use ffmpeg or transcode to split it.

    Thanks Allistar. Actually used Virtualdub.
    Only took a couple of minutes following the instructions @
    //www.videohelp.com/oldguides/virtualdubedit

    Cheers!

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Oct 22, 2009
  5. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:53:08 +1300, Allistar <> wrote:
    >
    >> Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    >>
    >>> Any recommendations? Seems my Philips doesn't like avis of that
    >>> size, 3Megs.

    >> Your Philips? Your Philips what?
    >>
    >> 3Mb isn't very big - not very big at all. Are you sure you don't
    >> mean 3Gb? You could use ffmpeg or transcode to split it.

    > Oops ..... insufficient caffeine. 3Gigs is indeed my problem!

    Is that a 3252 you're refering to? I've not tried a file > 3GB with mine.

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Oct 22, 2009
  6. Re: How to split a 3Gig avi file (was 3meg)

    On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:24:34 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

    >>> Your Philips? Your Philips what?
    >>>
    >>> 3Mb isn't very big - not very big at all. Are you sure you don't
    >>> mean 3Gb? You could use ffmpeg or transcode to split it.

    >> Oops ..... insufficient caffeine. 3Gigs is indeed my problem!

    >Is that a 3252 you're refering to? I've not tried a file > 3GB with mine.
    >
    >Cheers,

    It's the box one up from yours, I think. The 5990, HDMI with
    upscaling.
    There's a new one now, btw. 3360? or somesuch.

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Oct 22, 2009
  7. Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: How to split a 3Gig avi file (was 3meg)

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:24:34 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:

    >>> Oops ..... insufficient caffeine. 3Gigs is indeed my problem!

    >> Is that a 3252 you're refering to? I've not tried a file > 3GB with
    >> mine.
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > It's the box one up from yours, I think. The 5990, HDMI with
    > upscaling.
    > There's a new one now, btw. 3360? or somesuch.

    Ahh, OK, thanks. :)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Oct 22, 2009