    besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
    that way. Is there another faster method?
    , Mar 4, 2009

  2. Cory Guest

    I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
    You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
    It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
    Works quickly.

    CV

    Cory, Mar 5, 2009

  3. Guest

    On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <> wrote:

    >I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
    >You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
    >It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
    >Works quickly.
    >
    >CV
    >

    >On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:48:21 -0600, wrote:
    >
    >>I know how to sort the contents of bookmark folders, but cannot figure
    >>out how to arrange the folders themselves in alphabetical order -
    >>besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
    >>that way. Is there another faster method?

    Thanks! I'll look it up.

    (I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)
    , Mar 5, 2009
  4. Cory Guest

    On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:03:10 -0600, wrote:

    >On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <> wrote:
    >
    >>I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
    >>You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
    >>It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
    >>Works quickly.
    >>
    >>CV
    >>

    >>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 07:48:21 -0600, wrote:
    >>
    >>>I know how to sort the contents of bookmark folders, but cannot figure
    >>>out how to arrange the folders themselves in alphabetical order -
    >>>besides sliding them with the mouse, that is. it's a slow pain doing it
    >>>that way. Is there another faster method?

    >Thanks! I'll look it up.
    >
    >(I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)

    It's there, just not easy to get to...
    Left clickon Bookmarks
    Left click on Organize Bookmarks
    Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
    Then right click.
    At the bottom should be Sort By Name
    Cory, Mar 6, 2009
  5. Gompy Guest

    Cory wrote in news::

    > It's there, just not easy to get to...
    > Left clickon Bookmarks
    > Left click on Organize Bookmarks
    > Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
    > Then right click.
    > At the bottom should be Sort By Name

    Thanks...

    --
    Regards, Gompy.
    Gompy, Mar 6, 2009
  6. Guest

    On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:11:40 -0600, Cory <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:03:10 -0600, wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 22:02:34 -0600, Cory <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I use a add-on called SortPlaces v1.5.0.
    >>>You can do a search on the Mozilla site or google it.
    >>>It adds the SortPlaces icon to the Bookmarks drop down menu.
    >>>Works quickly.
    >>>
    >>>CV

    >>Thanks! I'll look it up.
    >>
    >>(I don't know why Firefox doesn't have this ability built in.)

    >It's there, just not easy to get to...
    >Left clickon Bookmarks
    >Left click on Organize Bookmarks
    >Then left click on Bookmarks Menu to highlight it
    >Then right click.
    >At the bottom should be Sort By Name

    Well, I never would have found that bugger without your explanation. I
    still think it dumb that one cannot do it a much simpler way with in the
    original folder pane. Thanks heaps!
    , Mar 8, 2009