how to solve error 1068

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by meera, Aug 2, 2011.

  1. meera

    meera

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    need to check if the windows firewall has been reactivated
    somehow,however,when I click on the icon to launch windows firewall I get
    the following message:

    "Windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated
    service is not running.Do you want to start the windows firewall/internet
    connection sharing (ICS) service?"

    Option Yes/No.

    If I clicked on "yes",another message pops up saying:

    "Windows cannot start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS)
    service."

    Okay, so lets start this service. I right click on My
    Computer/Manage/Services and Applications/Services. Scroll down to Windows
    firewall/internet connections sharing (ICS)/Properties. Looked at service
    statue and its stopped, so I assume this needs to be started,so I click on
    start.However,message:

    "Could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS)
    service on local computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group
    failed to start."

    What else can I do to gain access to windows firewall?
    meera, Aug 2, 2011

  2. meera

    Brian12

    Joined: