    DVD MENU button (this will usually bring me right to the DVD's Main Menu).
    I think that is VERY frustrating!!
    Is anyone else having this problem?

    rwright, May 23, 2004

  2. rwright

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    rwright wrote:
    > Why can't I watch the PETER PAN DVD without having to sit throught the CAT
    > IN THE HAT coming attractions? There is NO way to skip over the coming
    > attraction on this DVD! If I hit the SKIP TO NEXT CHAPTER button, my DVD
    > player says this function is not allowed and the same thing when I hit the
    > DVD MENU button (this will usually bring me right to the DVD's Main Menu).
    > I think that is VERY frustrating!!
    > Is anyone else having this problem?

    I don't have it but for some movies hitting the fast forward button works.

    dick
    -- or you could write (whoever the publisher is) and tell them that the
    disk is defective because of this problem and ask for a replacement or a
    refund. If enough people did that their policy might change, although
    what constitutes enough may be waaay too many.

    Dick Sidbury, May 23, 2004

  3. rwright wrote:

    > There is NO way to skip over the coming
    > attraction on this DVD!

    If it's that big a deal to you, make a copy with
    DvdShrink and leave off the extras you don't want.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, May 23, 2004
  4. rwright

    Bill Guest

    I don't have the "Peter Pan" disc, but have gotten around forced trailers on
    older Disney DVDs by using my remote's keypad to jump directly to the
    chapter that contains the beginning of the movie.

    Bill, May 23, 2004
  5. If I fast forward at the highest allowable speed, it takes about 3-4 seconds
    to skip the forced trailers.

    Brandon Fisher, May 23, 2004
  6. rwright

    Stan Brown Guest

    "rwright" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >Why can't I watch the PETER PAN DVD without having to sit throught the CAT
    >IN THE HAT coming attractions? There is NO way to skip over the coming
    >attraction on this DVD! If I hit the SKIP TO NEXT CHAPTER button, my DVD
    >player says this function is not allowed and the same thing when I hit the
    >DVD MENU button (this will usually bring me right to the DVD's Main Menu).
    >I think that is VERY frustrating!!
    >Is anyone else having this problem?

    Is this a Universal disc?

    If so, _everyone_ else is having it -- and will continue to, with
    every Universal disc, until enough people return them to stores as
    defectives and show Universal that forced trailers are not
    acceptable.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, May 23, 2004
  7. rwright

    rwright Guest

    Yes, PETER PAN is a Universal disc!

    rwright, May 23, 2004
  8. rwright

    unclejr Guest

    "rwright" <> wrote...
    > I think that is VERY frustrating!!
    > Is anyone else having this problem?

    Welcome to the world of Universal DVD! It (along with an absent
    chapter insert) is an annoying phenomenon with their latest DVD
    releases.

    You could try the following (it works for me most of the time):

    1. Load the disc.

    2. Once the disc just starts to play, but before the FBI warning
    screen comes on, quickly press "stop" on your remote.

    3. Press "stop" again.

    4. Finally, press "menu" and/or "top/title menu" until the main menu
    comes on screen. You may have to toggle back and forth between "menu"
    and "top/title menu." You also may have to press "play/enter"
    afterwards.

    AFAIK, steps 1-3 are pretty universal (no pun intended) for all
    players and remotes. However, step 4 is NOT a universal solution. It
    might take some experimentation on your part to find out what you need
    to do EXACTLY for step 4.

    Once your at the main menu, the rest is as normal.

    HTH,

    -Junior

    unclejr, May 24, 2004
  9. rwright

    Goro Guest

    Stan Brown <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "rwright" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > >Why can't I watch the PETER PAN DVD without having to sit throught the CAT
    > >IN THE HAT coming attractions? There is NO way to skip over the coming
    > >attraction on this DVD! If I hit the SKIP TO NEXT CHAPTER button, my DVD
    > >player says this function is not allowed and the same thing when I hit the
    > >DVD MENU button (this will usually bring me right to the DVD's Main Menu).
    > >I think that is VERY frustrating!!
    > >Is anyone else having this problem?

    > Is this a Universal disc?
    >
    > If so, _everyone_ else is having it -- and will continue to, with
    > every Universal disc, until enough people return them to stores as
    > defectives and show Universal that forced trailers are not
    > acceptable.

    i refuse to buy any UNIVERSAL dvd until they stop this. instead, i
    rent and dvdshrink if i really wnat to have it. fsck universal.
    fortuantely, there aren't that many Universal dvds that i want...
    well, BREAKFAST CLUB, 16 CANDLES would be nice.... ANIMAL HOUSE, BLUES
    BROTHERS, AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON,. .. *sigh*

    fsckers...

    Goro, May 24, 2004
  10. rwright

    mark Guest

    Best thing to do is copy the DVD, using DVD Decrypter, or Shrink.

    With DVD Decrypter, I disable the PUO's (Probhibited User Actions) so
    I can fast foward, skip, etc... the FBI warnings and other trailers.

    I REFUSE to buy DVD's that I can't watch the way I want to... So I
    just copy them so I can watch them how I want to. **** the movie
    studio's like Disney for forcing us to watch the same fucking trailers
    for the next 50 years for a disk you buy from them.

    mark, May 27, 2004
  11. rwright

    JAM Guest

    All you have to do is press fast forward and it will zip through the
    attractions in about 10 seconds and it will automatically stop at Peter
    Pan's main screen and play normally. Not a big deal.

    JAM, May 28, 2004
  12. rwright

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, May 28, 2004