    lines. It will be used for my other office outside UK, we have 8 analogue
    line from one exchanger, good BBand but no one know how to use VOIP..
    appreciate your help... /JL ()

    JH Lin, Sep 21, 2005

  2. JH Lin

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "JH Lin" <> wrote in message
    news:eBjYe.10975$
    > Greeting all, I have been reading this NG for long time
    > and must say it did provide many useful info for the
    > newbie like me..
    > can anyone point me how to share one VOIP a/c with
    > several users at same office ? or any equipments required
    > to link office phone network to one outgoing one VOIP a/c
    > ? I saw many discussion re ATA 486 adopter but only 2
    > lines. It will be used for my other office outside UK,
    > we have 8 analogue line from one exchanger, good BBand
    > but no one know how to use VOIP.. appreciate your help...
    > /JL ()

    Can you be a little more specific about what you're trying to do..? If you
    want to allow access from an office PABX then you can easily plug the
    analogue outputs from an ATA into exchange line ports on a PABX, they can
    then be accessed just like any other outside line, although you might have
    to do some reprogramming of the PABX to route specific calls over the VoIP
    lines, if that's what you want. I just dial a specific code to access each
    line, that way I know which call is going over which line, but you may not
    want your users to have to bother with that.

    More info please and we'll try and assist further.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 21, 2005

  3. JH Lin

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:43:43 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"JH Lin" <> wrote in message
    >> Greeting all, I have been reading this NG for long time
    >> and must say it did provide many useful info for the
    >> newbie like me..
    >> can anyone point me how to share one VOIP a/c with
    >> several users at same office ? or any equipments required
    >> to link office phone network to one outgoing one VOIP a/c
    >> ? I saw many discussion re ATA 486 adopter but only 2
    >> lines. It will be used for my other office outside UK,
    >> we have 8 analogue line from one exchanger, good BBand
    >> but no one know how to use VOIP.. appreciate your help...
    >> /JL ()

    >Can you be a little more specific about what you're trying to do..? If you
    >want to allow access from an office PABX then you can easily plug the
    >analogue outputs from an ATA into exchange line ports on a PABX, they can
    >then be accessed just like any other outside line, although you might have
    >to do some reprogramming of the PABX to route specific calls over the VoIP
    >lines, if that's what you want. I just dial a specific code to access each
    >line, that way I know which call is going over which line, but you may not
    >want your users to have to bother with that.
    >
    >More info please and we'll try and assist further.
    >
    >Ivor

    Just one comment...it will have to voipbuster and NOT voipcheap if you
    want to use and ATA.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 22, 2005
  4. JH Lin

    JH Lin Guest

    Thanks. does it means it will be as another new line
    in additional to previous lines ? and once one person
    use it, the other calls(outgoing) will be go thru other
    line(s) ? is there anyway that all calls can go thru this
    VOIP line only ? really hope can take advantage of
    VOIP, espcially it is cheaper than calling from inside
    the country

    Sorry can not reply earlier, as I am using readfreenews at
    office, which doesnot allow posting /JH

    JH Lin, Sep 22, 2005