How to Share files and sub folders on the network

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hi. I have a slight problem. I have shared the My Photos folder on
    one system onto our home network so the other computer can see the
    folder and backup the photos. However, the folder itself contains
    other folders that are named with dates which contain photos that were
    taken or saved onto the computer on those dates.

    When I used Windows Backup it fails to backup the photos from these
    folders saying "access is denied". When I go to the other system and
    check the individual folders within the My Photos folder on the C
    drive, it doesn't look like they have a check mark in the box that
    says to share them.

    I always thought that if you click to share the main folder of My
    Photos that all the folders and files within that folder would also be
    shared? Or does it just share the ones that exist at that time and any
    that are subsequently created or added are not shared? I'm a tad
    confused on this.

    There must be a quick way to enable all the folders and files within a
    folder to be shared as well?

    Thanks very much for any help on this.

    John

    John, Apr 27, 2006

  2. The best way would be to out the files into the SHARED folder, if your
    running 2000 or XP. Otherwise, create a new folder, copy all the files into
    it and changed the shared state in the properties of the main folder.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Randolph Graham

    www.stainlandomputerservices.co.uk

    Randolph Graham, Apr 27, 2006

  3. The best way would be to out the files into the SHARED folder, if your

    www.stainlandcomputerservices.co.uk

    Randolph Graham, Apr 27, 2006