How to setup FXO/FXS on two router? Need help please :)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by newbie, Oct 11, 2005.

  1. newbie

    newbie Guest

    Hi,

    I have a following screnario to accomplish

    Router A with 4-FXO Interfaces
    Router B with 4-FXS Interfaces

    Both connected by leased line 128K
    Router A 192.168.1.1/24, WAN 10.0.10.1
    Router B 192.168.2.1/24, WAN 10.0.10.2
    What I need to configure is to call number 300 and 301 from Router A to
    Router B.

    Extension 300 will be given from the PABX guy to line 1
    Extension 301 will be given from the same gine to line 2

    So, I plug in line 1 into Router A's FXO voice port 0/0/0 and line two
    into Router A's FXO voice port 0/0/1 on Router A.

    Then, I'll plug a normal phone into Router B's FXS voice port 0/0/0 and
    a fax machine into Router B's FXS voice port 0/0/1

    Extention 300 will be use for send and receiving fax.
    What do I have to do in term of configuration? I try to read many
    config guideline from Ciso but still have no clear understanding of how
    to really config it.

    What we want is to call extention 300 to get to a phone at Router B
    site
    and fax from Router A side to extension 301 on Router B side or fax
    back to a regular extension on PABX.

    here is the sample of admin site's config that I did. (Router A side)

    !
    voice-port 0/0/0
    signal ground start
    cptone US
    ! dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination pattern ...
    port 0/0/0
    !
    dial-peer voice 5 voip
    destination pattern ...
    session target ipv4:10.0.10.2
    ip qos dscp cs5 media
    !

    here is the sample remote site's config (Router B side)

    !
    voice-port 0/0/0
    cptone US
    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    destination pattern 300
    port 0/0/0
    !
    ! dial-peer voice 8 voip
    destination pattern ..
    session target ipv4:10.0.10.1
    ip qos dscp cs5 media
    !

    I don't have a config for 301, yet; because I don't know if the fax
    number need to be configured differently. Please help.

    Newbie,

    newbie, Oct 11, 2005