    W2kPro and W2Kserv. The clients are already up and
    running. How do I get the server active and setup to
    accomadate the clients. thanx
    Dennis C. Brown, Jan 1, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a291cm9zaA==?=, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Dennis C. Brown

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jan 2, 2004
  4. Dennis C. Brown

    Brad Guest

    If you want to setup the server as a domain controller, so the clients will
    log onto a Domain rather than a workgroup you just need to run DCPROMO on
    the WIN2K Server. This will install Active Directory and promote the Member
    Server to a Domain Controller. One main requirement for this is that DNS
    must be installed. Dont worry if it's not as the DCPROMO wizzard will
    install it for you if it's not.

    Once DCPROMO has been run add a new account using the AD Users and
    Computers, found in Admin Tools and then log in... quite easy with all the
    new wizzards in WIN2K

    Brad, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Dennis C. Brown

    Guest

    Once you have created your DC, you then add your computers to the domain
    from the user & computers snap in, or add users, etc..

    It's easy

    trumpity
    , Jan 2, 2004