    size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?

    I can't find anything about it in the Help section.

    Many thanks
    Pete, Mar 6, 2006

  2. Pete

    me Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:440c83fa$0$827$...
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
    > size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
    >
    > I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
    >
    > Many thanks

    i don't think you can change the size of the actual thumbnail
    images(although i would not swear to that!),you can change the way they show
    in the folder by going to VIEW at the top,and changing between
    thumbnails,filmstrip,tiles,icons,list and details.
    me, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Pete

    Zitty Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
    > size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
    >
    > I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
    >
    > Many thanks

    Get TweakUI -
    Zitty, Mar 6, 2006
  4. Pete

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:54:03 -0800, me wrote:

    >"Pete" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
    >> size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
    >>
    >> I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>

    >i don't think you can change the size of the actual thumbnail

    Not like this then :) www.google.com windows xp thumbnail size

    Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com
    Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com.
    www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/tune-21.html - 22k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    TweakXP.com - Thumbnail Size in folders
    The thumbnail view in windows explorer gives you easy access to a
    portfolio of images, but the default image size may not be to your
    liking. ...
    www.tweakxp.com/article36841.aspx - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

    >images(although i would not swear to that!),you can change the way they show
    >in the folder by going to VIEW at the top,and changing between
    >thumbnails,filmstrip,tiles,icons,list and details.

    Just wait intil Vista, it has a slider between details , icons ,
    thumbnails and mixed version of them depending where the slider is
    between the settings.

    Me
    why?, Mar 6, 2006
  5. Pete

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:27:41 -0000, Pete wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
    >size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?

    www.google.com windows xp thumbnail size

    Check for XP Home yourself.

    Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com
    Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com.
    www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/tune-21.html - 22k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    TweakXP.com - Thumbnail Size in folders
    The thumbnail view in windows explorer gives you easy access to a
    portfolio of images, but the default image size may not be to your
    liking. ...
    www.tweakxp.com/article36841.aspx - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

    >I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
    >
    >Many thanks

    Me
    why?, Mar 6, 2006
  6. "Pete" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set the
    > size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?

    If you want to quickly switch back and forth between different thumbnail
    sizes (freely configurable), use the alternative file manager XYplorer.
    -> http://www.xyplorer.com/

    Don
    Donald Lessau, Mar 7, 2006
  7. Pete

    me Guest

    > On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:54:03 -0800, me wrote:
    >

    >>"Pete" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone tell me where to find the controls in XP (Home Ed) that set
    >>> the
    >>> size of the thumbnails in a folder view when displaying image files?
    >>>
    >>> I can't find anything about it in the Help section.
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks
    >>>

    >>i don't think you can change the size of the actual thumbnail

    > Not like this then :) www.google.com windows xp thumbnail size
    >
    > Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com
    > Windows XP: Adjust Size Of Thumbnails - HelpWithWindows.com.
    > www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/tune-21.html - 22k - Cached - Similar
    > pages
    >
    > TweakXP.com - Thumbnail Size in folders
    > The thumbnail view in windows explorer gives you easy access to a
    > portfolio of images, but the default image size may not be to your
    > liking. ...
    > www.tweakxp.com/article36841.aspx - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
    >
    >>images(although i would not swear to that!),you can change the way they
    >>show
    >>in the folder by going to VIEW at the top,and changing between
    >>thumbnails,filmstrip,tiles,icons,list and details.
    >>

    > Just wait intil Vista, it has a slider between details , icons ,
    > thumbnails and mixed version of them depending where the slider is
    > between the settings.
    >
    > Me

    Learn something new every day !
    me, Mar 7, 2006
  8. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Thanks Don

    OK - I remember now - I did it ages ago with TweakUI - a little add on from
    Microsoft - see

    It installs in minutes and allows lots of other tweaks too.

    There's also XnView (freeware as far as I know) which is something along
    similar lines to what XYPlorer seems to be but obviously not part of the OS.

    Pete

    Pete, Mar 7, 2006
  9. "Pete" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > It installs in minutes and allows lots of other tweaks too.

    Yes, but still you cannot one-click-switch between different thumb sizes in
    milli-seconds as you can in XYplorer (which is a full fletched file manager,
    not just a graphic viewer like XnView).

    Don
    Donald Lessau, Mar 7, 2006