    BTW, I am using Version 1.5.0.10

    Thank you !!

    --james--
    James, Mar 16, 2007

  2. James

    Guest

    On Mar 16, 12:27 pm, "James" <> wrote:
    > I like using Firefox/ but I haven't figured out how to add a links bar. I
    > have browsed through the help pages, and for the life of me I don't see info
    > on setting up a links bar. I see the menu bar and the navigation bar only.
    >
    > I liked the way that I had IE set up with certain links that I use daily,
    > I could click on in the links bar at the top. What I am missing here please
    > ?
    >
    > BTW, I am using Version 1.5.0.10
    >
    > Thank you !!
    >
    > --james--

    in the world of Firefox, they're called bookmarks, and you keep them
    on the Bookmarks Toolbar: View, Toolbars, Bookmarks Toolbar
    , Mar 16, 2007

  3. James

    James Guest

    Thanks Peter !! I now have the bookmarks toolbar, but can't add a link
    to it. In IE, you can just drag a link into the links bar. I can't seem
    to do that in Firefox. Can you tell me how please ?

    --james--
    James, Mar 16, 2007
  4. James

    Ed Mullen Guest

    James wrote:
    > I like using Firefox/ but I haven't figured out how to add a links bar. I
    > have browsed through the help pages, and for the life of me I don't see info
    > on setting up a links bar. I see the menu bar and the navigation bar only.
    >
    > I liked the way that I had IE set up with certain links that I use daily,
    > I could click on in the links bar at the top. What I am missing here please
    > ?
    >
    > BTW, I am using Version 1.5.0.10

    I think what you want is:

    View - Toolbars - Bookmarks Toolbar.

    Then do: Bookmarks - Organize Bookmarks. Find or create a folder to
    hold frequently-used bookmarks. Highlight it. Do: Edit - Set as
    bookmarks toolbar folder.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Mar 16, 2007
  5. James

    James Guest

    Thanks Ed !! I will work on this......... sorry, but I am very new to
    Firefox... I like it but need to learn...

    thanks again !!

    James
    James, Mar 16, 2007
  6. James

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Mar 16, 2007
  7. James

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Mar 16, 2007
  8. James

    James Guest

    I have tried this Ed, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to put a
    link into the toolbar folder.

    Do I first need to import my IE favorites ? I thought this was done
    automatically.

    So, at this point, I do have the boomarks toolbar. I have a folder for
    frequently used sites. So now, I need to learn how to do two things....

    how to put a favorite site into the toolbar, and how to get those sites to
    **show up ** on my toolbar. Perhaps I am still thinking of "links"
    (which is real simple) but perhaps this isn't done in Firefox.

    James
    James, Mar 16, 2007
  9. James

    Ed Mullen Guest

    James wrote:
    > I have tried this Ed, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to put a
    > link into the toolbar folder.

    A couple of ways.

    1. Drag the link of the currently viewed page from the location bar and
    drop it on the Bookmarks Toolbar.
    2. Do CTRL+B to open the bookmarks sidebar. Drag and drop into any
    folder. Hover over a closed folder to expand it and drop the link where
    you like.
    3. Click CTRL+D to open the Add Bookmark dialog.

    > Do I first need to import my IE favorites ? I thought this was done
    > automatically.

    Not sure if the import happened or not. Bookmarks - Organize Bookmarks.
    What do you see? All of your IE favorites? Nothing?

    > So, at this point, I do have the boomarks toolbar. I have a folder for
    > frequently used sites. So now, I need to learn how to do two things....
    >
    > how to put a favorite site into the toolbar, and how to get those sites to
    > **show up ** on my toolbar. Perhaps I am still thinking of "links"
    > (which is real simple) but perhaps this isn't done in Firefox.

    A bookmark is a link. It's the same as a Favorite. They are stored
    differently, however. IE saves each Favorite as separate file on your
    drive. Firefox saves all Bookmarks in a single HTML file called
    "bookmarks.html" in your Profile folder.

    The important thing is to organize your bookmarks carefully. As they
    grow in number you'll quickly lose track of where they are.
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_book_org.html

    I don't keep any direct links on my Bookmarks Toolbar, only folders
    containing bookmarks.

    BTW, backup your profile frequently.
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Mar 16, 2007
  10. James

    James Guest

    Thanks Ed.... I have saved this message and will work on it....

    very nice to get good help here..

    james
    James, Mar 16, 2007