    kind of equipment I need,and how to hook the whole thing up. I have ten
    jacks
    wired up.Thanks

    Jack Nivak, Jul 14, 2007

  2. Jack Nivak

    Hongtian Guest

    Maybe you can refer to following URL.

    http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/manual.htm

    :)

    Hongtian, Jul 15, 2007

  3. Jack Nivak

    Jack Nivak Guest

    Hongtian pretended :
    > Maybe you can refer to following URL.
    >
    > http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/manual.htm
    >
    > :)
    >
    > On Jul 14, 11:05 am, Jack Nivak <> wrote:
    >> I want to set up an IP-PBX.I have two desk top computers and a
    >> laptop,plus several jacks wired for network.I've been looking all over
    >> the internet for some answers,but I just can't get the answer I'm
    >> looking for.Plenty of software,hardware sites,but so far I have not
    >> seen any pictures showing the physical hook up of all the componets.You
    >> use a
    >> spare computer as the IP=PBX server ok fine now how you hook up this
    >> server to my existing network set up.I have a switch,and a router,I
    >> don't want VOIP for now just the PBX part.Anybody can tell me what
    >> kind of equipment I need,and how to hook the whole thing up. I have ten
    >> jacks
    >> wired up.Thanks

    Thanks for your reply,this URL helped a little but as usual,they don't
    show the physical parts and how they are connected together.For example
    if you have a switch for the existing network how do you connect it to
    the server,there must be some kind of interface that connects the
    existing network to the PBX server.Thanks

    Jack Nivak, Jul 16, 2007
  4. Jack Nivak

    Jack Nivak Guest

    Hongtian pretended :

    Jack Nivak, Jul 16, 2007
  5. Jack Nivak

    Jack Nivak Guest

    Hongtian pretended :

    Jack Nivak, Jul 16, 2007
  6. Jack Nivak

    Carl Navarro Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:10:57 -0400, Jack Nivak <>
    wrote:

    >Hongtian pretended :
    >> Maybe you can refer to following URL.
    >>
    >> http://www.myvoipapp.com/docs/manual.htm
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> On Jul 14, 11:05 am, Jack Nivak <> wrote:
    >>> I want to set up an IP-PBX.I have two desk top computers and a
    >>> laptop,plus several jacks wired for network.I've been looking all over
    >>> the internet for some answers,but I just can't get the answer I'm
    >>> looking for.Plenty of software,hardware sites,but so far I have not
    >>> seen any pictures showing the physical hook up of all the componets.You
    >>> use a
    >>> spare computer as the IP=PBX server ok fine now how you hook up this
    >>> server to my existing network set up.I have a switch,and a router,I
    >>> don't want VOIP for now just the PBX part.Anybody can tell me what
    >>> kind of equipment I need,and how to hook the whole thing up. I have ten
    >>> jacks
    >>> wired up.Thanks

    >Thanks for your reply,this URL helped a little but as usual,they don't
    >show the physical parts and how they are connected together.For example
    >if you have a switch for the existing network how do you connect it to
    >the server,there must be some kind of interface that connects the
    >existing network to the PBX server.Thanks

    Which makes me think you are not ready for an IP phone sytsem.

    Try this and the associated links:

    http://www.aastra.com/cps/rde/xbcr/SID-3D8CCB73-6D0A19F6/04/VentureIP_Introduction_pa_en_0503.pdf

    The key is a 4-line gateway. You buy as many phones as you need.

    Carl Navarro

    Carl Navarro, Jul 16, 2007
  7. On Jul 13, 11:05 pm, Jack Nivak <> wrote:
    > I want to set up an IP-PBX.I have two desk top computers and a
    > laptop,plus several jacks wired for network.I've been looking all over
    > the internet for some answers,but I just can't get the answer I'm
    > looking for.Plenty of software,hardware sites,but so far I have not
    > seen any pictures showing the physical hook up of all the componets.You
    > use a
    > spare computer as the IP=PBX server ok fine now how you hook up this
    > server to my existing network set up.I have a switch,and a router,I
    > don't want VOIP for now just the PBX part.Anybody can tell me what
    > kind of equipment I need,and how to hook the whole thing up. I have ten
    > jacks
    > wired up.Thanks

    http://www.digium.com
    http://www.asterisk.org

    All the above is Linux and OSS based. If you go with Windows, I (we
    all?) hope your system crashes and burns. :)

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Aug 14, 2007