    I keep getting Microsoft Outlook Express when I click a mailto but my
    email app of choice is Outlook. How do I make the change so that
    mailto clicks bring up Outlook?
    Bill, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Bill

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > I keep getting Microsoft Outlook Express when I click a mailto but my
    > email app of choice is Outlook. How do I make the change so that
    > mailto clicks bring up Outlook?

    Did ya g00gl3? Its an MS thing...Set Program Access and Defaults

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Beta 2,
    Jedi Fans, Oct 23, 2005

  3. Bill

    avalanche Guest

    On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:12:39 -0400, Bill
    <> wrote:

    >I keep getting Microsoft Outlook Express when I click a mailto but my
    >email app of choice is Outlook. How do I make the change so that
    >mailto clicks bring up Outlook?

    Same problem - my mail-to links open Eudora. My lady uses Eudora on
    this machine, so the opened message-to is From: her. I use wemail
    (gmail) and have no mail client installed (not counting Outlook,
    browser mail,...).

    I guess somewhere I have Eudora as default for these mail-to
    occasions, but don't recall where.

    Can you help?

    Brad
    avalanche, Oct 24, 2005
  4. avalanche wrote:
    > On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:12:39 -0400, Bill
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I keep getting Microsoft Outlook Express when I click a mailto but my
    >> email app of choice is Outlook. How do I make the change so that
    >> mailto clicks bring up Outlook?

    > Same problem - my mail-to links open Eudora. My lady uses Eudora on
    > this machine, so the opened message-to is From: her. I use wemail
    > (gmail) and have no mail client installed (not counting Outlook,
    > browser mail,...).
    >
    > I guess somewhere I have Eudora as default for these mail-to
    > occasions, but don't recall where.
    >
    > Can you help?
    >
    > Brad

    Well, you need to have something set as a default mail application, and
    a web based email is not a mail client. If your lady friend is using
    Eudora on the machine, it is likely set as default, and for the sake of
    domestic bliss, just as well to leave it.

    I do assume that you are using Firefox, though you don't state that.
    Firefox can only call on the default email application.

    Are you aware that Gmail can be setup as a pop account in a standard
    Mail client? You could set up your Gmail account in Eudora, or do it in
    Agent, though it would require Stunnel to negotiate the SSL. I
    understand that the next version of Agent will be able to handle SSL
    natively. I have my Gmail accounts set up in Thunderbird.

    If you use a different email client then the system default, you can
    still open mailto's in other clients, via the Launchy extension. It
    might be possible, using the Launchy.xml file, to get Firefox to open
    email links in a new browser window, at your Gmail account. I think it
    might be possible, but it would take some careful writing of the xml file.

    There are also a number of Gmail related extensions. There may be one
    that will do what you are looking for.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Bill

    Ed Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I keep getting Microsoft Outlook Express when I click a mailto but my
    >email app of choice is Outlook. How do I make the change so that
    >mailto clicks bring up Outlook?

    1) Open Internet Explorer.
    2) Use the Tools pull-down to select Internet Options.
    3) In the resulting window, select the Programs tab.
    4) Use the choice box beside E-mail to choose your default e-mail
    client.
    Ed, Oct 30, 2005