    the stuff and not getting it to turn on. I am using the magic packet
    software.
    thanks for your help to this matter.

    steve, Feb 12, 2004

  2. steve

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:29:57 GMT, "steve" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I have all the bios setup correctly and my m/b is also compatible am using a
    >wake on lan network card (netgear fa312) but how the heck do you send the
    >signal to turn the computer on. All the info I could find is how to setup
    >the stuff and not getting it to turn on. I am using the magic packet
    >software.
    >thanks for your help to this matter.

    You need a little program dealie to send the magic packet. There are
    any number of VB scripts and command line utilities out there that
    will do it, or you could download something like this:

    http://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/wake-on-lan-gui.asp

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 12, 2004

  3. steve

    steve Guest

    Thanks a lot that is exactly what I have been looking for. I was just
    wondering do you happen to use this program and if so what do you think of
    it.

    steve, Feb 13, 2004
  4. steve

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:32:27 GMT, "steve" <> wrote:

    >Thanks a lot that is exactly what I have been looking for.

    You're welcome.

    >I was just
    >wondering do you happen to use this program and if so what do you think of
    >it.

    Nope, I use a command line utility. I have very little cause to use
    WOL.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 13, 2004