    when I set the value to zero (from 1) the icon is still visible.

    Regards,

    James

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Oct 25, 2005

  2. START > RUN > type NCPA.CPL
    this will open the network connections folder
    RIGHT-CLICK and select properties on your wireless adapter
    this will opent the property sheet for your wireless network connection
    Near the bottom of the property sheet, there is a check box for "Show icon
    in notification area when connected".
    Uncheck the box and click "OK" to save your settings.

    Uncheck that box, and the icon will no longer appear in the system tray.

    MASSIVE CAVEAT: Unless the wireless network connections settings are cached,
    you will be unable to connect to wireless networks. You will need to first
    connect to the network, and then manually disable this setting after
    successful connection.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless