How to select a BT headset as audio I/O device?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Michael Moser, Feb 10, 2005.

  1. I just got my Bluetooth stereo headphone (from Bluetake
    (http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm) and they really sound
    very nice!

    With the BT dongle (BT430) that comes with the headset attached to the
    iPAQ's audio connector things work as expected.

    Now, I was wondering: my Laptop has built-in Bluetooth. Shouldn't it
    thus be possible to run this connection without any additional dongle?

    So I ran through the device detection, headset pairing and connection
    exercise and indeed the BT tray icon shows the headset iPHONO as
    connected. But neither do I get any audio output over the headphones
    nor is the microphone integrated into the headphones used for input.

    Under ControlPanel => Sound and Audio Devices => Audio I selected
    Bluetooth Audio for both playback and recording - but still not a
    single tone!

    What am I missing? What does one have to do to use a Bluetooth for
    audio I/O?

    Michael
    Michael Moser, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Michael Moser

    Mungo Bulge Guest

    The key is that the adapter will need a driver that supports the A2DP
    profile and after doing a quick Google, LOL. Maybe you will, maybe you
    wont. sorry

    "Michael Moser" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Mungo Bulge, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Michael Moser

    Mungo Bulge Guest

    Also found this on http://modtown.co.uk/mt/review2.php?id=iphono&p=5
    The BT420 supports a wide range of Bluetooth Profiles (A2DP - Advanced
    Audio Distribution Profile., HSP - Headset Profile, HFP - Hands-Free
    Profile, SPP - Serial Port Profile) and therefore is able to connect
    to many brands of Mobile Phone, as well as a Bluetooth Enabled
    Computer (note sound will be in mono if the Bluetooth Adaptor
    connected to the computer does not support the A2DP Profile). User's
    should visit the BlueTake website for updated compatibility list.

    "Michael Moser" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Mungo Bulge, Feb 11, 2005