How to scare the public without really trying....swine flu!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, May 3, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    http://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/05/03/swine.flu/?iref=mpstoryview

    "WHO" has officially confirmed a whopping 787 cases of swine flu.
    Covering the area of 17 countries. Now that's a real whopping epidemic
    for sure.

    Hell, your chances of being hit by a lightning bolt are less.
    Do the math, that's way less than .001% of the entire population of
    any one of those 17 countries.

    You're more likely to be run over by a freight train.
    You're more likely to have a meteor hit your home.
    You're more likely to win the lottery.

    Just like with the AIDS scare. Less than 0.01% of the population of
    the USA ever had it, or even would be effected by it. Yet 80% or more
    of the population were totally scared of it.

    So why is thing an "epidemic"? Because the news media likes to use
    these kinds of words to encite and excite our senses. Key words that
    sell.

    It ain't no frickin epidemic unless there is a total widespread
    outbreak in a confined area. Like a huge number of a major USA city
    coming down with it. Then, I'd be worried.

    Personally, I have an interesting thing with flu shots. Every time I
    get a flu shot, I get the flu. No flu shot, no flu.

    So instead of going out and buying that face mask or other protection,
    use the money and buy a lottery ticket.

    richard, May 3, 2009

  2. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 03 May 2009 07:45:03 -0400, richard wrote:

    > Just like with the AIDS scare.

    Only a scare, eh? I'm sure one or two 'scared' Africans might argue with
    you on that point

    Aardvark, May 3, 2009

  3. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in

    > On Sun, 03 May 2009 07:45:03 -0400, richard wrote:
    >
    >> Just like with the AIDS scare.

    > Only a scare, eh? I'm sure one or two 'scared' Africans
    > might argue with you on that point

    At least a quarter if not half of Africans will eventually die
    of Aids, but that's what the CIA wanted, just like they intended
    to wipe out assorted American "undesirables" like junkies and
    homosexuals.

    (Cocaine is OK, lots of respectable people use it.)

    No one in CIA ever questioned the undesirability of homosexuals,
    even though many a CIA man may have owned a Liberace or Elton
    John album, but since AIDS is spread only by direct blood
    contact - it lives outside the body for only moments - the
    needle users had to go as well, even the ones that were not
    particularly problematic. What you see on TV are extreme cases.
    It is perfectly possible to live a normal life while being a
    heroin user with no one even suspecting - if you have enough
    money. And many people DO.

    AIDS /is/ a very effective *scare* for most of the population
    who do not share needles or enjoy anal sex even though the male
    (or one of them) has a bleeding sore on his dick.

    It has destroyed the pleasure of sex for hetero men (do YOU
    enjoy fucking a plastic bag? Just get a doll, it's a lot cheaper
    in the long run) and it has kept everybody nice and scared and
    watching the Home Shopping Network just like it was supposed to
    do. Not to mention the great profits for drug companies. Few
    medicines cost what the AIDS "controlling" drugs cost. Money is
    ALWAYS good for America. Another bonus.

    Remember, the MAIN objective of ANY government is to keep its
    citizens in FUD, since they are much easier to control this way.

    --
    (Originally Posted by Ketxxx on forums.techpowerup.com)
    I think you got it a bit backwards, spyware comes free with

    thanatoid, May 3, 2009
  4. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > thanatoid wrote:

    <SNIP>

    >> No one in CIA ever questioned the undesirability of
    >> homosexuals, even though many a CIA man may have owned a
    >> Liberace or Elton John album, but since AIDS is spread
    >> only by direct blood

    > You seem to have forgotten semen and vaginal fluids, an
    > important omission.

    I am quite aware of their existence, in fact one of them is a
    favorite aperitif, but AIDS can not be transmitted by them. Nor
    by saliva. Nor by sweat. Nor by urine. Etc...

    <SNIP>

    thanatoid, May 3, 2009
  5. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 03 May 2009 17:03:37 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

    > What you see on TV are extreme
    > cases. It is perfectly possible to live a normal life while being a
    > heroin user with no one even suspecting - if you have enough money.

    Yup. A bloke I've known for nigh-on thirty years and has held down a
    reasonably well-paying job for all that time has also been a regular user
    of smack.

    Aardvark, May 3, 2009
  6. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > The entire medical community disagrees with you, but you go
    > ahead and spread your uninformed opinion as fact as you
    > wish.
    >
    > http://en.allexperts.com/q/AIDS-339/vaginal-fluids.htm
    > http://en.allexperts.com/q/AIDS-339/semen-around-anus.htm
    >
    > ^^ just two of many, many links to disprove your position.
    > Want to see if you can prove me wrong?

    No one can /really/ prove *anything* AFA this disease is
    concerned. Many people directly affected claim HIV has /nothing/
    to do with AIDS, just as one example. Can either side *prove*
    they are right? No.

    I don't get most of my information from web sites run by
    "about.com".

    For about 11 years I lived in one of the 4 most highly gay-
    populated cities in the world, in fact right in /the/
    neighborhood, and I was somewhat interested in the subject,
    especially since I hate condoms - it is truly regrettable that
    no modern 21st Century Paranoid Woman will let you **** her
    without one anymore - and because I like to know a little bit
    more than I (used to, don't watch it anymore) "learn" from TV.

    While living there, I ate in restaurants where 80% of the staff
    and customers were gay males, on some occasions (admittedly
    rare, they are hardly in the condition to walk around by that
    time) in visibly advanced stages of AIDS. The other 15% were
    lesbians, and I belonged to the remaining 5%. I do not have
    AIDS. I bet YOU wouldn't even WALK into such a place, let alone
    EAT in it.

    "Experts" like "Terry" (I read his bio) HAVE to toe the line
    because they will no longer be "experts" if they don't, and that
    will be the LEAST of their troubles. So do TV newscasters. Ever
    seen anyone on TV say anything approaching the truth, or NOT cut
    away from an interview as the interviewee was about to say
    something actually important or, fubar forbid, /not/ in line
    with the current political/social/medical/religious
    "correctness" ?

    AIDS is transmitted by blood. Period.

    I only looked at the first link, which was just the same old,
    but the "semen around anus" which I did not bother reading, may
    actually have semi-accurate information.

    To stir the pot a little more, I will now tell you that just
    about the ONLY way to get AIDS (without sharing needles with
    someone infected) is to get fucked up the ass. That's because
    the anal tissue is extremely delicate and bleeds at the
    slightest provocation, as anyone who has ever used toilet paper
    knows. So semen around the anus MAY contain blood which WILL get
    you. NOT the *semen*, the *blood* which MAY be present in it.
    **IF** you are unlucky enough to have an open wound on whatever
    part of your body comes in contact with that often minute
    particle of infected blood.

    Vaginas dripping blood, cocks with bleeding wounds on them, and
    lips which just got bitten in the excitement of the moment and
    as a result have a nice big droplet of blood on them /rarely/
    come in contact with each other for a variety of reasons.

    Why do you think gays were the first (and still the largest
    AFAIK) group affected by this evil yet brilliant laboratory
    concoction? That's right, because they take it up the ass.

    But telling everyone that a drop of sweat or a kiss from someone
    with AIDS (and that COULD be your next door neighbor!) will kill
    them is a GREAT way to keep everyone terrified and helpless (and
    sexually frustrated).

    The thread started with the idea of "scares". If you don't know
    how useful "scares" are to governments, you need to educate
    yourself a little.

    thanatoid, May 4, 2009
  7. richard

    Mara Guest

    <snip>

    http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa16.htm

    --
    <rw-rw-rw-> I don't care if it can reproduce sound well enough for
    dolphins to talk to each other through it, if you can't grep it it's

    Mara, May 4, 2009
  8. richard

    thanatoid Guest

    Rôgêr <> wrote in

    > Lookout wrote:
    >> On Sun, 03 May 2009 19:55:58 -0400, Rôgêr
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> http://en.allexperts.com/q/AIDS-339/vaginal-fluids.htm
    >>> http://en.allexperts.com/q/AIDS-339/semen-around-anus.htm
    >>>
    >>> ^^ just two of many, many links to disprove your
    >>> position. Want to see if you can prove me wrong?

    >> Uh...how about transfusions?

    (I have him kf'd) They've been testing the blood for decades,
    Einstein.

    > Try again for reading comprehension. The discussion
    > devolved into whether or not there are other means of
    > transmitting HIV/AIDS *other* than blood. I contend (as
    > does the CDC, AMA and others) that semen and vaginal fluids
    > can transmit the disease. Thanatoid claims *nothing* other
    > than direct blood-to-blood contact can. I'm not infected,
    > I'm not gay. I just hate to see someone spreading really
    > bad info about such a deadly disease.

    Scary, scary... Or scary?
    Or maybe just a scare.

    BTW, careful when you cross the street next time. Your chances
    of getting run over and squished (not that I wish you that) are
    about a million times higher than you getting AIDS, whether from
    blood contact, or from seeing a good looking guy in a white t-
    shirt tucked into blue Levi's.

    thanatoid, May 5, 2009