    Any bright ideas on this awkward situation? I do not wish to kill or harm
    the person in any way either.

    aloha

    Brian, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Brian

    ~Brian~ Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    news:kxr7e.1456$...
    >I have to sit next to this guy who's breath is funky, and makes me want to
    >vomit and run away. It comes in bursts, aka its fine for a minute then PHEW
    >for a bit, etc.
    >
    > Now, I do not want to relocate. And I also do not want to be rude to this
    > person in any way, but I can't take him parking next to me much longer,
    > its making me gag, and I don't want other people to think that I am the
    > stinky one!
    >
    > Short of moving to a new seat, can anything be done politely? Offering a
    > piece of gum might seem a little blunt I think, given the circumstances.
    >
    > Any bright ideas on this awkward situation? I do not wish to kill or harm
    > the person in any way either.

    Difficult! To say the least. I had a similar problem at work with a guy whos
    feet were heaving, it used to make everyone gag! One day we were in a mini
    bus going to a meeting, and our boss was also present. We could see him
    sniffing trying to locate the smell, and in the end realised what it was and
    gave the guy overnight to do something about it - or else! The problem was
    solved for us but I have every sympathy with you.

    ~Brian~, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Brian

    old john Guest

    people used to say, if you take big sniffs you get rid of it quicker,
    LOL..J

    old john, Apr 14, 2005
  4. On 14 Apr 2005, Brian scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have to sit next to this guy who's breath is funky, and makes me
    > want to vomit and run away. It comes in bursts, aka its fine for a
    > minute then PHEW for a bit, etc.
    >
    > Now, I do not want to relocate. And I also do not want to be rude
    > to this person in any way, but I can't take him parking next to me
    > much longer, its making me gag, and I don't want other people to
    > think that I am the stinky one!
    >
    > Short of moving to a new seat, can anything be done politely?
    > Offering a piece of gum might seem a little blunt I think, given
    > the circumstances.
    >
    > Any bright ideas on this awkward situation? I do not wish to kill
    > or harm the person in any way either.
    >
    > aloha

    Don't bathe, shampoo, shave, or brush your teeth for a month, he'll
    find another place. Of course, so will everyone else, but think of all
    the space you'll have.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-

    The Old Sourdough, Apr 14, 2005
  5. Brian

    Scrote Guest

    Brian wrote:
    >> I have to sit next to this guy who's breath is funky, and makes me
    >> want to vomit and run away. It comes in bursts, aka its fine for a
    >> minute then PHEW for a bit, etc.
    >>
    >> Now, I do not want to relocate. And I also do not want to be rude to
    >> this person in any way, but I can't take him parking next to me much
    >> longer, its making me gag, and I don't want other people to think
    >> that I am the stinky one!
    >>
    >> Short of moving to a new seat, can anything be done politely?
    >> Offering a piece of gum might seem a little blunt I think, given the
    >> circumstances.
    >>
    >> Any bright ideas on this awkward situation? I do not wish to kill or
    >> harm the person in any way either.
    >>
    >> aloha

    Take up chewing raw garlic, he will then doubtless move his seat
    voluntarily. Problem solved :p
    --
    A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate
    because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can

    Scrote, Apr 14, 2005
  6. Brian

    Avenger© Guest

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:24:16 GMT, "Brian" <>
    wrote:

    >I have to sit next to this guy who's breath is funky, and makes me want to
    >vomit and run away. It comes in bursts, aka its fine for a minute then PHEW
    >for a bit, etc.
    >
    >Now, I do not want to relocate. And I also do not want to be rude to this
    >person in any way, but I can't take him parking next to me much longer, its
    >making me gag, and I don't want other people to think that I am the stinky
    >one!
    >
    >Short of moving to a new seat, can anything be done politely? Offering a
    >piece of gum might seem a little blunt I think, given the circumstances.
    >
    >Any bright ideas on this awkward situation? I do not wish to kill or harm
    >the person in any way either.
    >
    >aloha

    Hmmm, just leave a large bottle of mouth wash, some tooth paste
    (large), chewing gum, dental floss and a gas mask on his desk, I'm
    sure he'll get the message. If not just say, politely `mate, ya
    gonner' have to stop eating shit'.

    --
    Avenger©
    I *HATE* Spam

    Avenger©, Apr 14, 2005
  7. Brian

    Dribbler Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > I have to sit next to this guy who's breath is funky, and makes me want to
    > vomit and run away. It comes in bursts, aka its fine for a minute then

    PHEW
    > for a bit, etc.
    >
    > Now, I do not want to relocate. And I also do not want to be rude to this
    > person in any way, but I can't take him parking next to me much longer,

    its
    > making me gag, and I don't want other people to think that I am the stinky
    > one!
    >
    > Short of moving to a new seat, can anything be done politely? Offering a
    > piece of gum might seem a little blunt I think, given the circumstances.
    >
    > Any bright ideas on this awkward situation? I do not wish to kill or harm
    > the person in any way either.
    >
    > aloha

    How accurate Google has made the following is anyones guess!

    English - your breath smells
    French - vos odeurs de souffle
    German - Ihre Atemgeruche
    Italian - i vostri odori dell'alito
    Dutch - uw ademgeuren
    Portugese - seus cheiros da respiração
    Norwegian- din pust lukt
    Welsh - 'ch anadl aroglau
    Romanian- al tau suflare smells

    Dribbler, Apr 14, 2005
  8. Brian

    gangle10 Guest

    http://www.profresh.com/tellafriendpr.html

    "Brian" wrote

    gangle10, Apr 14, 2005
  9. Brian

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >I have to sit next to this guy who's breath is funky, and makes me want to
    >vomit and run away. It comes in bursts, aka its fine for a minute then PHEW
    >for a bit, etc.
    >
    > Now, I do not want to relocate. And I also do not want to be rude to this
    > person in any way, but I can't take him parking next to me much longer,
    > its making me gag, and I don't want other people to think that I am the
    > stinky one!
    >
    > Short of moving to a new seat, can anything be done politely? Offering a
    > piece of gum might seem a little blunt I think, given the circumstances.
    >
    > Any bright ideas on this awkward situation? I do not wish to kill or harm
    > the person in any way either.

    Just tell the person that his breath smells like shit and you cannot deal
    with it. You should come right to the point and be done with it. Either the
    person will take care of the situation or stop talking to you. Either way,
    your problem is solved. Most likely, the person doesn't know that his breath
    smells like shit and is offensive. Maybe he needs to take a good shit
    before talking with someone. ;-) It could be a sign that he has some kind of
    digestive problem and the gases are coming back out the other way or he has
    bad teeth and with gum disease they all need to be pulled. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 14, 2005
  10. Brian

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >I have to sit next to this guy who's breath is funky, and makes me want to
    >vomit and run away. It comes in bursts, aka its fine for a minute then PHEW
    >for a bit, etc.
    >
    > Now, I do not want to relocate. And I also do not want to be rude to this
    > person in any way, but I can't take him parking next to me much longer,
    > its making me gag, and I don't want other people to think that I am the
    > stinky one!
    >
    > Short of moving to a new seat, can anything be done politely? Offering a
    > piece of gum might seem a little blunt I think, given the circumstances.
    >
    > Any bright ideas on this awkward situation? I do not wish to kill or harm
    > the person in any way either.
    >
    > aloha

    Always found taking the person to oneside (no matter how unpleasant that
    maybe) ,and explaining the situation works best.In general they will ask how
    to resolve problem--some folks never learnt basic hygiene,so see thier
    current regime as being the norm.
    Nor do they percieve they have a problem--leaving airfreshner/mouthwash
    around would only confuse.
    Also bear in mind how this person is going to feel after you have told him
    he reeks etc,unless they are really thick skined it will be traumatic and
    more than likely they will keep asking your advice.
    In short --no polite way--just do it Probable worst outcome ----they
    jack thru embarassment/report you to HR for being rude--but they say the
    same thing anyway.

    Aquanaut, Apr 14, 2005
  11. Brian

    PuppyKatt Guest

    You may have hit the nail on the head! No matter how often or for how long
    I brush my teeth (this is very embarassing for me, but it is the truth, and
    I do not brush my teeth with dog poop1) my breath is bad. I was referred to
    an internist for an unrelated problem several years ago, and he mentioned
    severe halitosis. My family physician was useless, as were three dentists.
    A gastro-intestinal doctor sent me to an allergist, and they were able to
    nail it down to a food allergy. They have not yet determined which food or
    combination of foods so this, but nothing helps. I have to keep my distance
    from people. Toothpaste, breath mints, etc. only work on a short term, if
    at all. Usually, at best, my breath smells like a dog ate toothpaste. I am
    almost 50, and I have had to put up with this all my life. Maybe a stomach
    transplant is in order.

    PuppyKatt, Apr 14, 2005
  12. Brian

    AvianFlux Guest

    AvianFlux, Apr 15, 2005
  13. Brian

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Re: Continuous Diarrhoea - I'm getting tired!

    Duane Arnold, Apr 28, 2006