    Anything obvious I'm missing?

    Thanks.

    Evan
    Evan Platt, Jul 3, 2006

  2. Evan Platt

    Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    |>Short of going into my cache directory.. IMDB.com photo gallery photos
    |>- I can't seem to be able to save these. For example, let's take one
    |>of Sandra Bullock,
    |>http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0410297/Ss/0410297/10119.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Bullock, Sandra
    |>If I copy the image to my clipboard in any web browser (tried Opera,
    |>Firefox and IE), I get nothing - a 1 square pixel image. If I copy
    |>image location, I ALWAYS get http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif . Best thing
    |>I've found is do a screengrab. But there's gotta be an easier way.

    |>Anything obvious I'm missing?

    Opera, I couldn't save it

    Had to view the source, lot of work if your after a lot of pix.
    http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0410297/10119.jpg

    --
    The internet needs YOU!
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/02/ntia_icann_consultation/

  3. Evan Platt

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I was able to do it by converting it to PDF.

    pcbutts1, Jul 3, 2006
  4. Evan Platt

    Guest

    wrote:

    |>Opera, I couldn't save it

    |>Had to view the source, lot of work if your after a lot of pix.
    |>http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0410297/10119.jpg

    Better way, next pix
    http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0410297/6559r.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Bullock, Sandra&seq=2

    Delete everything after jpg
    replace
    www.imdb.com/gallery/ss
    with
    i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss

    http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0410297/6559r.jpg

    It's work'd so far.

    --
    The internet needs YOU!
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/02/ntia_icann_consultation/
    , Jul 3, 2006
  5. Evan Platt

    mdp Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > Short of going into my cache directory.. IMDB.com photo gallery photos
    > - I can't seem to be able to save these. For example, let's take one
    > of Sandra Bullock,
    > http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0410297/Ss/0410297/10119.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Bullock, Sandra
    > If I copy the image to my clipboard in any web browser (tried Opera,
    > Firefox and IE), I get nothing - a 1 square pixel image. If I copy
    > image location, I ALWAYS get http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif . Best thing
    > I've found is do a screengrab. But there's gotta be an easier way.
    >
    > Anything obvious I'm missing?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Evan

    You can also "Save As" using IE then look in the folder it creates. All
    images, including the one you want, will be there. If you do this more than
    once, change the file name so it doesn't overwrite previous saves.
    mdp, Jul 3, 2006
  6. Evan Platt

    sittingduck Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > Short of going into my cache directory.. IMDB.com photo gallery photos
    > - I can't seem to be able to save these. For example, let's take one
    > of Sandra Bullock,
    > http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0410297/Ss/0410297/10119.jpg?path=pgallery
    > &path_key=Bullock,%20Sandra If I copy the image to my clipboard in any
    > web browser (tried Opera, Firefox and IE), I get nothing - a 1 square
    > pixel image. If I copy image location, I ALWAYS get
    > http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif . Best thing I've found is do a screengrab.
    > But there's gotta be an easier way.
    >
    > Anything obvious I'm missing?

    I would do alt+print screen, then click my Irfanview /clippaste shortcut.
    ctrl+Y crops out the pic, and s saves it.

    I think this or some similar method will be about the easiest.
    sittingduck, Jul 3, 2006
  7. Evan Platt

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That does not work, try to open the picture and see what happens.

    pcbutts1, Jul 3, 2006
  8. Evan Platt

    mdp Guest

    I tried it before I posted. Works fine for me. I'm using XP Pro SP2 and
    IE6. Sandra Bullock picture stored as 10119.jpg inside folder titled Studio
    Stills Photo_files.

    mdp, Jul 3, 2006
  9. Evan Platt

    mdp Guest

    I just tested this method on Win95 Original (first release - before Win95A,
    B, or C) and IE5.5 and it still works. Same folder name, same folder
    contents.

    mdp, Jul 3, 2006
  10. Evan Platt wrote:

    > Short of going into my cache directory.. IMDB.com photo gallery photos
    > - I can't seem to be able to save these. For example, let's take one
    > of Sandra Bullock, http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0410297/Ss/0410297/10119.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Bullock, Sandra
    > If I copy the image to my clipboard in any web browser (tried Opera,
    > Firefox and IE), I get nothing - a 1 square pixel image. If I copy
    > image location, I ALWAYS get http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif . Best thing
    > I've found is do a screengrab. But there's gotta be an easier way.

    Using Firefox (or Mozilla or SeaMonkey)? Install the Web Developer's
    Toolbar extension.
    http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/
    ...then look at:
    Information -> View Page Information -> Media tab
    and save any image you want, from there.
    Quite easy. Screen shot:
    http://k75s.home.att.net/show/sandra.jpg

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 3, 2006
  11. Evan Platt

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I read your post as using the save as by right clicking the picture or
    selecting the picture and using save as, that does not work. Clicking on
    file>save as from IE then yes you are right it does work. My bad.

    pcbutts1, Jul 3, 2006